Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Some Teasers

On top of what i said earlier if it was cheap and easy I would have a machine in my barn pumping out rifles 24/7! I am jealous........

Quote Originally Posted by Daver_II View Post
    Perhaps TCC will be an option?
    I was serious about the payment plan.
    I would hope TCC is an option.. ATRS is a dealer with them no?
    "Send it!"

I'll have one no matter the cost....would I prefer it was 2600...yep....but I know what it costs a small business to pay its employees a fair wage and pay its supplies....oh yeah and it's nice to make money from your business too!!!

Payment plan,layaway.....whatever I gotta do,I'm having one of these!
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by upinsmokeweldinginc View Post
    so just saying here, when you guys originally came up with this idea you had kinda figured it would be a lot less then the hunter model because there was a little more access to .223 stuff. Thats basically the starting point for the hunter version. I thought this thing was going to come in around the $2200-$2500 base point and then a guy ads on from there.
    You are correct. The base model originally was optimistically projected to come in just under the 3K mark. The rationale for this was that some parts, bolts for example are less expensive for an AR15 than an AR10.
    With some of the changes we have made in some of the parts employed and suppliers, such as now making the JP buffer system standard equipment, the increase in cost of aluminum, the disparity between CDN and US dollars getting greater and the blanket price increases from the suppliers of the parts we do not make in-house added to an increased tax on business levied by our new NDP government put us in a no option position.

The JP buffer system alone is about $200.00, something that none of the other rifles mentioned in other posts incorporate. We elected to do this for several reasons. One reason was to solve the buffer retaining pin breakage we saw on the MHs which will make this rifle more reliable, also the JP system is much quieter and smoother in operation than the cheaper conventional buffer and spring system is.

None of the other similarly priced rifles employ match type triggers or barrels, both of which cost more than milspec type triggers or barrels.

Part of the success in attaining NR status is due to the fact that milspec type triggers cannot be used in either the Hunter or Varmint.
    Another part of attaining NR status is the manner in which the upper and lower attach to each other, unfortunately this means that the buffer retaining system could not be located in the same place and in an AR. We thought we had this solved, but experienced a number of buffer retaining pins breaking which meant for some a less that 100% reliable rifle, which is something we want to ensure is not the case.

Current NIB price of a Tavor is $2800.00. EVERYBODY bitches about the horrific trigger the Tavor has. A Timney trigger pack for a Tavor is around $400.00, so here we are back at $3200.00 and without the match barrel or the plethora of options an AR style platform has to offer.
    The XCR-L is renowned for less than stellar accuracy to be kind, has at best a poor trigger that to my knowledge has no optional cure and NIB they run $2600.00

Hopefully the above explanation clears up some of the questions/posts in this thread for all.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

I totally understand the cost associated, however a lot of people just love to hate lol.

I just hope tactical capital will be an option so I can afford one of these beauties
    "Send it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Daver_II View Post
    No offence intended to the fine folks at ATRS,

I do understand a lot of what went into this, and you have my whole hearted thanks for the work you do.

My comment was a bit sarcastic, and more about how every gun owner in Canada should have one....

I do plan on trying to afford one of these, I just don't know how yet.
    Daver
    No offense taken in any way. Unless folks ask questions they are left to their own devices for answers. To have answers that are explained help folks make decisions based on facts.

I too was being a tad sarcastic and agree if we could make these for 1/3rd the price we would probably sell more. Unfortunately we would not be in business for long then. So many in the Canadian gun culture do not understand what a minuscule market Canada is in relation just to the USA let alone the world stage.
    Try to imagine what a Canada only designed and manufactured car would cost. A car that no other country in the world had need of. A car that fit the stupid laws of just 1 country and that was not importable to the largest market on earth. Add to that that many of the parts are made in a country whose currency is worth 30% more than what Canada's currency is currently worth. Most folks could not then afford a car in that country.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

Quote Originally Posted by mikethebike View Post
    Are those 2 screws holding the upper to the lower near the stock?
    Is that the final product or will those screws be replaced with pins?
    The 2 screws on the side retain a polymer plate that prevents the charge handle from potentially rubbing on the aluminum upper thereby preventing marks from being made in the area of the upper behind the charge handle slide.
    THIS is omething that standard ARs should also have had built in. look at the top of an AR lower behind the charge handle opening and see how much damage the charge handle makes and you will understand.
    Just 1 more innovation we have added, which adds cost to our rifle.

My personal opinion here ... I don't think you guys need to cater to the people complaining about the projected price. I'm sure a lot of people out there appreciate the explanations simply because they're learning the ins and outs of why you need to charge what you charge. That said, you guys have an excellent reputation and do excellent work, so I think anyone complaining or calling out the price either doesn't know what they're talking about or simply are being disrespectful towards people at a company who are doing what they can to make the gun market great for Canadians.

So thank you for what you are doing.

And about the pics ... that fit is incredible. Very well done.

Quote Originally Posted by t_102 View Post
    Weird question.. Not that I don't like our country, but can you not put the word "Canada" on it? It doesnt really add to its value. I'm fine with your company name on it, (But definately prefer just ATRS if possible).

Just suggestions for the coolness factor. Nobody needs reminding if which country we're in :P

By the way, are firing pins, extractor interchangable?
    We would need to change our name then to ATRS, apply for a new bunch of licenses, tax numbers, permits etc.
    With the UN marking protocal having been in the wings for several years now we figured be proactive and in compliance for when it becomes adopted here in Canada, which it seems "the hair" is planning to do now with his lieberal government majority.

Personally we were until just recently very proud to be Canadians. Hopefully in the not too distant future we can change from "Made in Canada" to "Made in the Republic of Alberta"

Firing pins, extractors, bolt heads are all standard AR15 fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Chago View Post
    Can you guys change the font of alberta tactical, I'm more of a arial black kinda guy. Not a huge fan of times new roman lmao people are nuts man.
    No problem but only on pink guns