Page 1 of 12 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Teasers

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar

Some Teasers

For those awaiting updates on our Modern Varmint Rifle, so photos of what it will look like.
    Please note, I know the upper has not been blasted and the lower has been and it is not anodized black as they will be when in final form. Nor are the steel parts nitrided yet as they will be, but I figured why not share with the world what we are feverishly working on in its basic form?

We have finally been able to establish base model pricing at $3200.00. As soon as we have the FRT report we will upload the order sheet on our website and start to take orders.

We will post better photos of a fully blasted upper and lower when we get a moment.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    I really wish you could do this at a $1000 price point...

You know... so every gun owner could afford one.....

On that note.... payment plan?

Just so we are clear.. I am joking...
    Last edited by Daver_II; 11-19-2015 at 10:10 PM.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daver_II View Post
    I really wish you could do this at a $1000 price point...

You know... so every gun owner could afford one.....

On that note.... payment plan?
    Well if we cut every corner on quality, did not pay employees and were given the parts and materials, we probably could get to the price point you want.
    We don't want to build crap, there is plenty of that already. Strangely the crew here likes to eat and live indoors on their own rather than at homeless shelters, and our suppliers demand payment for materials and parts. This does not even touch on the daily costs of the building, insurance or machine costs.

Also given the minuscule market that Canada is when it comes to firearms there is no economies of scale to be had. IF we could tap into even the US market the price could be less simply based on the numbers being sold, but in order to increase the numbers we would have to spend a few million dollars more for more machines. This last week alone I spent nearly 1/4 million dollars on 1 new CNC milling machine and tooling.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Regular
    so just saying here, when you guys originally came up with this idea you had kinda figured it would be a lot less then the hunter model because there was a little more access to .223 stuff. Thats basically the starting point for the hunter version. I thought this thing was going to come in around the $2200-$2500 base point and then a guy ads on from there.

It looks great, Rick; can't wait to see the finished product.
    I aim to misbehave

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    For those awaiting updates on our Modern Varmint Rifle, so photos of what it will look like.
    Please note, I know the upper has not been blasted and the lower has been and it is not anodized black as they will be when in final form. Nor are the steel parts nitrided yet as they will be, but I figured why not share with the world what we are feverishly working on in its basic form?

We have finally been able to establish base model pricing at $3200.00. As soon as we have the FRT report we will upload the order sheet on our website and start to take orders.
    Any idea on weight yet?

I am interested if you make it in 30 Remington AR and comes in at 7lbs or less
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Well if we cut every corner on quality, did not pay employees and were given the parts and materials, we probably could get to the price point you want.
    We don't want to build crap, there is plenty of that already. Strangely the crew here likes to eat and live indoors on their own rather than at homeless shelters, and our suppliers demand payment for materials and parts. This does not even touch on the daily costs of the building, insurance or machine costs.

Also given the minuscule market that Canada is when it comes to firearms there is no economies of scale to be had. IF we could tap into even the US market the price could be less simply based on the numbers being sold, but in order to increase the numbers we would have to spend a few million dollars more for more machines. This last week alone I spent nearly 1/4 million dollars on 1 new CNC milling machine and tooling.

No offence intended to the fine folks at ATRS,

I do understand a lot of what went into this, and you have my whole hearted thanks for the work you do.

My comment was a bit sarcastic, and more about how every gun owner in Canada should have one....

I do plan on trying to afford one of these, I just don't know how yet.

BANNED
    Are those 2 screws holding the upper to the lower near the stock?
    Is that the final product or will those screws be replaced with pins?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer F22_RaptoR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethebike View Post
    Are those 2 screws holding the upper to the lower near the stock?
    Is that the final product or will those screws be replaced with pins?
    Those screws hold on the side plate to hold the side charging handle in place, the lower attaches to the upper with the front takedown pin, and then it slides back into the lower. A pin/lug in the upper goes strait back into a hole in the lower.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigNConnor View Post
    good luck with that

who the heck shoots that cal anyways
    you don't like 308 performace in a smaller lighter rifle?

I am currently having my ACR converted to this caliber, this would be a lighter option if available. will make a great hunting rifle
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Page 1 of 12 12345678911 ... LastLast