Thread: DA Grizzly question for CanAm

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Claven2's Avatar

DA Grizzly question for CanAm

I ordered a 12.5" bead-type grizzly off the website today. Apparently this batch has the (better) metal trigger guards.

Does this batch have the trigger guard plates that allow you to flip the safety around for lefty shooters (like a pre-1987 model 870), or are these the non-reversible type safety Remington switched to when they brought in stupid things like J-locks and plastic trigger pates?

This would be great to know. If it's the more modern style trigger group, I need to hunt down an aftermarket safety. If it's the earlier style, then fantastic. That is how they SHOULD be made.
    Keeping it real on the range since before there was a CGN.

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    AFAIK they are only RH. This model has been sold for years without anyone mentioning the ability to swap sides that I can remember.

if you have more info, I can check on monday

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Claven2's Avatar
    Basically you drift out the retainer pin, install the safety backwards and see if it functions. If it does, it's reversible. All Remington safeties were like this before 1987. They changed them after that, supposedly to make room for the hater J lock, but I always thought it was to sell the left-eject 870 they were introducing.
    Keeping it real on the range since before there was a CGN.