Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Council of the European Union

*shakes head* Well, at least you didn't call me a Liberal.

But you're right, we're not getting anywhere fast.

You don't see it as inappropriate to sign petitions about governance to a government not your own and you don't see a conflict of interest in a firearm maker asking people, through their overseas business associates, to "buff up" the signature numbers on a petition against gun control. All riiiighty. Ok.

No need to lock the thread, let other CGNers have a chance to express their support. I'm off.

Have a good time Grumpy, thanks for the debate.

My mother used to work with change. She only seen a petition work once. That was for a drinking fountain or something.
    I didn't invent the turtle neck, but I was the first to recognize it's potential as a tactical garment... Tactical turtle neck. Tactlneck.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

I feel like it is important to mention that ISIS supports gun control. They recently put out an edict stating that anyone who wasn't with them in their territory would be denied the right to bear arms. Real great company the left associates itself with.

As the saying goes, if you want to learn the true nature of a man, you need only look at the company he keeps.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-trident-1 View Post
    the left never lets a tragedy go to waste.
    While attributing it to Churchill may be an urban legend:
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Churchill
    “Never let a good crisis go to waste”
    I'd like to know whether he said this when he sat as a Liberal, or Conservative, MP.

Doesn't surprise me at all that the European Union petition is being started in the Czech. I would have thought though that it would be more on the plate of the strana Svobodnych Obcanu (free citizens party), which would almost equate to our Libertarian party. For the older Czechs, Petr Mach is a little too right wing and a little too charismatic - but he does sit on the European Council. I've made an account, signed the EU petition, and have written Mr. Mach about it as well. I'll see who I can contact in our local region in the CZ, I know a few people in the municipal governments so going for a drink someone who sits on the European Council may not be so far fetched. While the CZ has some of the most liberal (in the proper use of the term) gun laws, the parties in charge are overly Liberal - even to where the KSCM (Communist party of the Czech and Moriva) have a larger support base than more of the right sided parties (OSD, KSU, TOP09). I can't even imagine starting such a venture in France, the UK, Spain, or Romania where dreaming about a firearm without a license is prohibited.

The recent Anschutz MSR sale seems to reflect some of the concerns European manufacturers are having to some of the proposed laws. Thankfully some European firms (CZ and B&T come to mind) have commented against the political movement to restrict the lawful actions of lawful citizens.

Then there is #### like this:
    http://europeanpost.co/800-pump-acti...m-from-turkey/

or with a tiny bit more propaganda:
    http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/1...0TF1SG20151126
    (specifically: "Pump-action Winchester SXP rifles are made for hunting and are not considered assault weapons", then some fear mongering using the companies' own marketing "the shotguns seized are the fastest pump-action rifles in the market, capable of delivering three shots in half a second" ... and bring it home with some fear: "The Islamist militants who killed 130 people in the French capital mainly used Kalashnikov assault rifles, or AK-47s."

Last thing (we) want is for there to be such stringent rules and regulations placed on European manufacturers that the products we love will perish because the firms producing them will either 1) go out of business due to regulation and drop in market demand in that area, 2) move production to areas where quality controls may not reflect what we expect from that firm, 3) substantially go up in price, or 4) simply not be available.

In any case, I encourage anyone with European heritage to speak up, whether this is signing a petition or contacting a governmental representative where one's family originates from.
    WTB: CZ 550 Lux or FullStock in 7x57 and CZ-452 Lux/UltraLux in 22LR with barrel date-stamp '16 (can trade for NIB '15 stamped 452).
    Můžeme jen doufat!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678