Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Better than Black Friday, New BLACK GUN now available Nov 24th 2016

What style of ambi safety are you using? Both with long levers or something like a BAD ambi safety selector with one shorter lever?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    I assume the ambi safety will be the same as on the MH, both long.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

BANNED
    Do you offer a payment plan ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Our new Modern Varmint rifle has an official FRT number, so we can now take orders for them.
    The FRT# for those few who have a need to know these things is 162446

We are working on our website currently to get the order form uploaded and live. The IT gurus are telling me they will have this live later today. The new format looks to me to be very intuitive and easy to navigate. ( I am not computerish at all so what do I know)
    There will no doubt be questions, please do not hesitate to either call or email us for answers.

Anticipated delivery of 1st production run is June or July 2016. We do not have a set in stone delivery date. This is just our best projection.

At this point only 223 versions are being offered, we are looking at other options for the future.

For those new to the party, the ATRS Modern Varmint is a semi automatic rifle that is as close to an AR15 as is possible yet has the advantages to Canadian shooters of being NON RESTRICTED as well as MADE IN CANADA BY CANADIANS.

It is important to understand that these, like the Modern Hunter, are NOT AR's but share some commonality of parts. Much of the furniture for an AR is compatible, but not all butt stocks will accommodate the side charge handles guide when the rifle is being charged, hence our offering only butt stocks we know will work at a factory level. I am sure there are more than we are aware of but have the major flavors covered.

These rifle employ STANAG mags. A proprietary trigger group that cannot be changed out or altered. It is a crisp single stage trigger factory set a 3lbs. and can be configured with full ambidextrous features.

We are not selling just the uppers and lowers, only as completed and tested rifles. We will be offering additional uppers in the future.

http://albertatacticalrifle.com/mode...dern-varminter

We have had a few folks ask, "what if the government bans semi autos?"
    ATRS has NO control on what the government will or will not do, through any means be it laws being changed by due process or IOC.
    Our suggestion if you are concerned is to contact Ralph Gooddale the minister of Public Safety who is the newly elected dude in charge of all things firearms related.
    We have asked our suppliers of everything from raw aluminum to the new CNC mill and all have no intention of refunding our money if the government changes the laws.
    IF you are concerned about changes that the Lieberal government "may" make, NOW is either the time to get involved to get the government to leave the firearms culture alone or smoke enough legalized pot so that you just don't care anymore.

Seriously however, it is interesting to note that the SFSS/RCMP gave us verbal FRT approval 4 days after the election. As anyone following the Modern Hunter saga knows it took 3 years to get FRT approval under the Harper government.
    How much does the rifle weigh?
    can I order now in another caliber so I can be the first to get one when they are offered in "future" ?
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Looks good! Is there any way to get a heavier trigger so it's legal to use in service conditions matches?

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    How much does the rifle weigh?
    can I order now in another caliber so I can be the first to get one when they are offered in "future" ?
    The 1 we are testing currently is a base model with no upgrades, has a medium weight barrel, and weighs just shy of 7lbs

We "may" look at other calibers at some point, but don't hold yer breath waiting it may be longer than you can hold for.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by Tenguns View Post
    Looks good! Is there any way to get a heavier trigger so it's legal to use in service conditions matches?
    How heavy a trigger is required for service rifle?

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

The price is on fire ! but nice gun though ! would've loved to own one !
    Keep Canada Tactical

Quote Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
    What style of ambi safety are you using? Both with long levers or something like a BAD ambi safety selector with one shorter lever?
    We make the safeties, so long lever both sides keep it only making 2 parts rather than 3.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    The 1 we are testing currently is a base model with no upgrades, has a medium weight barrel, and weighs just shy of 7lbs

We "may" look at other calibers at some point, but don't hold yer breath waiting it may be longer than you can hold for.
    The weight sounds good, I will even pre pay now if you can commit to making me one in Remington 30 AR
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!