Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Better than Black Friday, New BLACK GUN now available Nov 24th 2016

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    I have been bouncing back and forth between barrel choices myself. I want to go CFW, but I am having trouble justifying $900 more.

The way I see it, the benefits of the Proof CFW barrel are the following:
    -weight is kept similar to a light contour whill maintaining a heavy profile
    -heat disapates much quicker to aid in better groups with less cool down time.

I am torn between the Proof CFW and medium contour SS barrel. Its going to be an all around rifle with fire rates from as high and non accuracy minded as CQB courses to as slow and methodical as printing groups.

Rick & others, in your opinion, what should I consider going with?
    That's what I was thinking about also. The medium contour is about a pound heavier than the CFW barrel. Right? A pound may make a big diff when you add optics, loaded mag, maybe a bipod.Also I'm thinking the Proof may be a more accurate barrel , over the SS. ( not sure on this). So with 7 months to pay the balance, might be worth the $900.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    So with 7 months to pay the balance, might be worth the $900.
    Exactly. Cut out one Timmies large coffee a day and you're half way to the $900.

As far as I can tell, the lightest version you can get (while still being able to shoot a reasonable number of shots at a time) is the CFW barrel, Fortis 12" handguard, and collapsible stock. I'm hoping the CTR is not much heavier than the standard collapsible stock, since that is what I ordered. Also, hopefully Cerakoting only adds a few grams to the overall weight.
    Charles

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mrsmitty's Avatar
    Can you use noveske nsr or kac urx 4 hand guards?

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hend238 View Post
    Thank you for replying. Will you accept a customer supplied barrel blank?
    No. We are just not set up to do this at least at this time. Production runs get disrupted huge when weird stuff gets put into the mix. Maybe once we get the initial runs done we may consider this, but you won't save any money supplying your own blank.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by Haakman View Post
    May we please get a picture of the full rifle? Perhaps with a 5/30 magazine inserted. It would be nice to see the full profile of the rifle.
    May we please have some time to build some guns? Once we have some photos will be posted. Meanwhile you can peruse our Modern Hunter gallery and just think 30% smaller

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    No. We are just not set up to do this at least at this time. Production runs get disrupted huge when weird stuff gets put into the mix. Maybe once we get the initial runs done we may consider this, but you won't save any money supplying your own blank.
    That's fair.

However, I fail to see how I wouldn't save money. I can source a blank for much less than what ATRS is charging for one. It's your perogative of course to charge customers as you do so I will respectfully pass on a MV.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    That's fair.

However, I fail to see how I wouldn't save money. I can source a blank for much less than what ATRS is charging for one. It's your perogative of course to charge customers as you do so I will respectfully pass on a MV.
    Your choice! They wont be able to build them fast enough to stock the shelves as is!
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

That's fair.

Might I ask why you would want to supply your own blank? It is not like we are using offshore unknown brands of barrels.

We are having Lilja do the contouring , chambering and other assorted machinework on large numbers of barrels. For you to send us a blank would mean we are contouring, chambering and so on manually so will take considerably more time (expense) than what it would in a production set up.
    The cost of the barrels are all figured into the cost of the rifle, to try and break out what the labor cost strictly for machinework on a barrel is unrealistic. To contour, thread, chamber, crown, engrave a blank manually takes minimally 2 hours, plus the cost of the barrel extension.

I am pretty sure that if you posed the same question to any firearms manufacturer they would tell you "you get what we offer, thats it."
    I know BMW has that attitude on their cars. I am not a fan of Pirrelli winter tires and wanted to have Hakka's as my winter tires. The answer was "it comes with these if you don't like them you are free to change them at your expense and dispose of the Pirrellis as you see fit".

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    May we please have some time to build some guns? Once we have some photos will be posted. Meanwhile you can peruse our Modern Hunter gallery and just think 30% smaller
    I think he means on the MV page on the website. The pictures there aren't framed very well. They cut off the the stock and barrel and you only get a good look at the upper and lower.

It's just nice to see everything in frame.