Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pal/Rpal

Pal/Rpal

I have been reading the newbie section of the forum a bit lately and couldnt find anything close to my situation. sent away my app and received on October 9 I have been charged around seven or eight years ago when I was leaving my x wife and wanted to get some cloths she knew I was coming and locked the door along with a child proof latch I had my keys on me so I used them and pushed the door open she said she was calling the police so I said that I would wait out on the lawn for them. When they got there they had noticed the framing was broken but not bad they charged me with mischief and later I was conditionally discharged. Will this affect my application? I have a clean record except this one incident.

Be honest, explain what happened, hope for the best.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I am not clear on whether you recieved on October 9, something from the RCMP asking about the charge from seven or eight years ago.
    If so, just be honest and hope for the best. If you mean that you recieved your RPAL on October 9, you are home free with no worries.
    If you mean that the RCMP recieved your application on October 9 and you are now worried if charge from seven or eight years ago is going
    to bite you in the butt because you forgot to mention it on your application, live in fear and hope for the best when or if they ask about it.

On the app it only asked for the last 5 years so there was no need to check yes for charges etc, October 9 they received it at Miramichi I got a reference to call in November 11 and I asked if they needed anything else and they said that it was already sent to the cfo for final approval background checks etc, does Miramachi do background checks? Would they be doing an interview with me to find out what had happened? or is it the cfo job to do that. Just kinda up in the air with it spent over 800 dollars for my partner and I to go through all this to get denied. We should be able to apply first then do the course if approved, any ways will update just in case anyone is in a similar situation.
    Last edited by ChrisMitch; 11-25-2015 at 10:37 AM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMitch View Post
    On the app it only asked for the last 5 years so there was no need to check yes for charges etc, October 9 they received it at Miramichi I got a reference to call in November 11 and I asked if they needed anything else and they said that it was already sent to the cfo for final approval background checks etc, does Miramachi do background checks? Would they be doing an interview with me to find out what had happened? or is it the cfo job to do that. Just kinda up in the air with it spent over 800 dollars for my partner and I to go through all this to get denied. We should be able to apply first then do the course if approved, any ways will update just in case anyone is in a similar situation.
    There is not much you can do now, just wait for them to do their thing. The RCMP do the background check, so you are okay there!

BANNED
    Nahh. I was charged with assault once and got it cleared with no conditions. Mind you I was acting in self defence.
    Last edited by tdod101; 11-25-2015 at 01:48 PM.

$800? Sounds abit expensive. Mind you I was able to challenge the rpal (pre Sept 2) so didn't have to pay for the coarse just the test. Is that what it costs? $400?

Quote Originally Posted by Who-V View Post
    $800? Sounds abit expensive. Mind you I was able to challenge the rpal (pre Sept 2) so didn't have to pay for the coarse just the test. Is that what it costs? $400?
    Course was 630 pal/rpal with both sets of books for my partner and myself 2 photos at 40 bux and 160 for app that's the cost. Would have been nicer to just apply first and see.

CGN Regular
    As of NOW the most any instructor can charge for the course ( just the course) is $100.00!
    That does not include extras like books, etc.
    You've never lived until you've almost died.
    Life has an excitement the protected will never know.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer padawan's Avatar
    How can one be charged with anything ? You had a key and it was your house as well I'm assuming. Can't be charged with breaking into your own home. Separated or not.

Anyway, take it easy. It's a slow process. It will come.
    Poly is pissed eh...behold my field of f*cks..and see that it is bare!!

Murph83

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast