Thread: Black friday deals?

BANNED

Black friday deals?

you folks doing anything special to encourage us to give you our $$?

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    We have promotions we are working on but not something that we are going to put a Black Friday special label on. As we get these items on the site we will advertise them.

We could call this last promotion here a Black Friday sale, but really it was going to become available no matter what new event society creates.
    Last edited by Frontier Firearms; 11-25-2015 at 02:51 PM.

I understand what nntw means. I will give my honest opinion on sales. I don't expect to get a great deal on a autoloading 12GA, 2 days before duck opening day. I'm watching for deal around that time in year, around Christmas.

I feel you disagree with the fact that Black Friday exist when you mention "no matter what new event society creates". I hate most of made up holidays. However, I feel Black Friday is a good opportunity for sellers to get money from consumers that usually don't have cash to spend right after Christmas. Shooting is far less popular in winter and sales are an incentive for customer for dropping their cash. Most of major retailer on the forum are doing it.

Your prices are often good and you can come with great promotions on some item, but I think some general sales would foster people to buy. Otherwise, there will always have substitution products in the market (same product elsewhere, alternative products, or used goods).
    Last edited by silenbam; 11-26-2015 at 01:28 PM.

BANNED
    Thanks silenbam for your comments... I can agree with your point, that it's an opportunity to generate additional interest and sales at a potentially slow time of the year.

But I can see Frontier's point also.

Why should their stuff be worth, say, 20% less on Friday Nov 27, than any day the rest of the year?

That being said, I'll be watching the site for interesting items.

Cheers to all!

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    Cutting profit margins by 50% to 85% on one day of the year in order to get people to buy items that we then have to replace at a higher cost is nothing but a money loosing game. Selling 3 times the product at a third the margin and you are still further behind.

We are very busy right now in the store, so it makes an event pointless.

We could mark stuff up more and then discount it the same, or associate existing promotions with Friday (they we were going to offer no matter regardless of the date) but really what does that do?

Black Friday works good for 300-400% marked up items like cloths, or offering 3 TVs for half price and have 100 people camp out so they can fight over them in the morning.

It is an event that brought out the worst in people in the USA, people getting frost bite in their sleeping bags and nearly every year stories of people been killed over discounted junk.

That is why we are not going to have anything to do with this marketing event.
    Last edited by Frontier Firearms; 11-26-2015 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post
    It is an event that brought out the worst in people in the USA, people getting frost bite in their sleeping bags and nearly every year stories of people been killed over discounted junk.

That is why we are not going to have anything to do with this marketing event.
    SO much respect for saying this. I could not agree more, thank you.

Well said
    Help stop the Trudeau Dictatorship. www.Pierre4PM.ca

CGN Regular
    I'm sure a few more will chime in and tell you how to run your business. I'll take advantage on a sale of its something I have been saving for or, have been waiting for a sale on. But I'm not going to go out and stand in line in the cold for.

I'm not even mad. Good on you guys.