Thread: XCR-L Micro .223/5.56x45 Stock?

XCR-L Micro .223/5.56x45 Stock?

I remember seeing a price sheet around these parts for XCR's in the past... Listed what options were available and in what colors/barrel configurations. Does such a thing exist for the Restricted versions of the XCR? I'm interesting in getting a Micro "pistol" version of the XCR-L in .223 as a base for an SBR build.

Can I choose from some options that you can import, or is there just one specific configuration?

Cheers,
    Xero

Double post

Check their website under pistols. *edit* my bad right now I only see th 7.62x39 version and the xcr-m 308.

Yup, that's why I made this thread asking about available options for order. The one I want isn't listed on their website.

Also, I'm curious to know if the XCR-L Mini can be obtained with a shorter barrel? I hear that RA has a new gas block design that will fit inside the handguard/rails/upper receiver area. If this is true, I'd much prefer a mini with a barrel that's just long enough for the threads to allow a muzzle device to be attached. Possible?

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xero View Post
    I remember seeing a price sheet around these parts for XCR's in the past... Listed what options were available and in what colors/barrel configurations. Does such a thing exist for the Restricted versions of the XCR? I'm interesting in getting a Micro "pistol" version of the XCR-L in .223 as a base for an SBR build.

Can I choose from some options that you can import, or is there just one specific configuration?

Cheers,
    Xero
    email us at sales@wolverinesupplies.com lots of guys buy the pistols and add the stocks etc.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

@Wolverine Supplies:

I mentioned the rumor about a new gas block design that fits inside the upper receiver earlier. Looks like RA is using it for the .300 Blk kits as per your Wolverine Days video:

Any chance they're making that system compatible on the .223 barrels on request? Ideally I'm looking for a Micro-length barrel in a Mini-sized upper if it's possible. Something like in the bottom of the following picture:

Top is the Mini, middle is the Micro, and bottom is what I'd love to own... Is this possible? Everything is to scale in the above image, red line is drawn along the front edge of the Mini upper for reference.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xero View Post
    @Wolverine Supplies:

I mentioned the rumor about a new gas block design that fits inside the upper receiver earlier. Looks like RA is using it for the .300 Blk kits as per your Wolverine Days video:

Any chance they're making that system compatible on the .223 barrels on request? Ideally I'm looking for a Micro-length barrel in a Mini-sized upper if it's possible. Something like in the bottom of the following picture:

Top is the Mini, middle is the Micro, and bottom is what I'd love to own... Is this possible? Everything is to scale in the above image, red line is drawn along the front edge of the Mini upper for reference.
    EMAIL SALES@WOLVERINESUPPLIES.COM with all your requests and the boys can see what we can do for you.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

isn't the mini and the standard the same sized upper?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GuiltySpark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bareass View Post
    isn't the mini and the standard the same sized upper?

No the mini is just a tiny bit shorter than the standard upper. You can see it when you compare pictures, the former has one less oval shaped vent.

As it was explained to me a 10" barrel for the XCR Mini won't fit on the XCR standard upper due to the gas block location.
    If you look at the Robinson Arms websight the Standard has barrel lenghts of 9.3", 11", 12", 14.7", 16" and 18.6" .
    The XCR Mini has a 10" barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltySpark View Post
    No the mini is just a tiny bit shorter than the standard upper. You can see it when you compare pictures, the former has one less oval shaped vent.
    Here's a to-scale image of all three from RA's website for reference:

Similar to the above picture but I've included the Standard version as well. The number of keymod slots gives it away as longer as well. 7 on the Mini, 9 on the Standard.

Additionally: I just realized that in the Extended Forearm thread for the XCR, all the gas blocks are located under the upper receiver. There's no cutouts for them or anything... If there are various calibers in there, hopefully .223, then maybe RA can build what I'm looking for... But now I'm just getting myself over-excited.
    Last edited by Xero; 12-02-2015 at 06:51 PM.