Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: T.E.C. TradeEx customer service

Just bought some 308 surplus from them. Got an answer to my question (and a followup question) within minutes of answering. It's been a great experience so far.

I have ordered from them several times and David is always helpful.

Repeat customer with T.E.C.
    They always answer their phone.
    I agree with all these posts.
    Cheers Tradex.

Bought several guns and crates from them. First one years ago they talked me through a couple of my options based on inventory at the time and matched me with the best fit. If I'm looking for something and they have it, I'll order there
    Turn up the good, turn down the suck.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Barry F's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wbaad View Post
    Dealt with them once and it left a bad taste in my mouth...
    Must be the only one based on the fans
    Nope, I ordered some handguns. One of the "new" ones looked like it had been scratched up with sand paper. I sent it back to be exchanged....on my own dime. Awesome, guys, Awesome.
    Your average lib or dipper is so crooked that when they die, the undertaker has to screw them into the ground.-colt45cz75
    CSSA, NFA, WRP, CPC member....Join now!

Dealt with them once and it left a bad taste in my mouth...
    Must be the only one based on the fans
    No you are not the only one.
    Dealings with tradex are hit and miss at best.
    Good luck to the fan boys.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by polaris View Post
    No you are not the only one.
    Dealings with tradex are hit and miss at best.
    Good luck to the fan boys.
    Not a fan boy at all. Just saying my experience with them to date has been as good as any CGN sponsor I've dealt with and better than many.
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mwjones's Avatar
    I have ordered from them a couple of times, and have had generally a good experience. Lots of interesting items that you won't find elsewhere and decent pricing. The grading system is usually a little bit on the conservative side, things labeled "fair" that are actually "good" and "Very Good" bores are usually immaculately perfect, etc. Once received an item that was definitely NOT as described (in terrible shape IMO) but cost less than the price to ship it back (on my own dime). They sent me a really nice one at no charge right after I started a thread about it on CGN. They do answer the phone. They do offer service in both languages (which doesn't matter to me but from a customer service standpoint it's an undeniable plus).

Quote Originally Posted by shotgun-bob View Post
    One of the best dealers in Canada.
    Dealt with them once and it left a bad taste in my mouth...Must be the only one based on the fans
    Quote Originally Posted by polaris View Post
    Dealings with tradex are hit and miss at best. Good luck to the fan boys.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailor723 View Post
    Well, two thoughts come to mind...1. Every business screws up sometimes. 2. No business can ever please all of it's customers all of the time.
    I agree with all of these statements. Not the very best at everything all of the time, but decent enough to continue business with them and look forward to doing so in the future. Bad tastes will fade in time, you won't care about your hurt feelings in a year when you're shooting your sweet gun that you got for a great price. Well, you might...but you'll eventually get over it Wait until you receive and inspect it before you make a final judgment Post pics !

Quote Originally Posted by Barry F View Post
    Nope, I ordered some handguns. One of the "new" ones looked like it had been scratched up with sand paper. I sent it back to be exchanged....on my own dime. Awesome, guys, Awesome.
    That's what I'm talking about! The return and exchange policy is stuck in the 1970s. There are retailers in that will email you a postage paid shipping label after an explanation of the problem and maybe a picture of damage or whatever. That is the gold standard IMO.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    I admit I would be more than a little annoyed as well if I had to pay to return a gun that was in some way defective or not as advertised.
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

I've dealt with TradeEx a couple of times and have always been very pleased with their service.
    David is the armourer if I'm not mistaken.
    I bought an SKS package online and went in to pick it up and spoke with David who swapped it out for one with a stock that he refinished, it is fantastic.
    Great organization to deal with.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast