Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Still not having PAL past 45 Business days

If this is your first PAL and not a renewal. Then it normally takes 90 days some as long as 120 days.
    "This is about unenforceable registration of weapons that violates the rights of people to own firearms."—Premier Ralph Klein (Alberta) Calgary Herald, 1998 October 9 (November 1, 1942 – March 29, 2013) OFAH Member

My PAL (Not RPAL as i understand it takes longer) timeline from this year was as follows (hope it helps): CFSC complete late august, application to NB sent off late october, PAL arrived in the mail a few days ago.

CGN Regular
    Since I still have no PAL, I phoned in to BC CFO today, and they told me they are still going over it. Saying there's a lot of applications, way higher than usual. The girl (who is actually nice this time!) recommend calling back every 4 weeks.
    孔子曰:“苛政猛于虎。” (Confucius said: Tyranny is worse than wild tigers")

dang, long wait! I guess I was lucky? 30 day wait...
    "From My Cold, Dead Hands." - Charlton Heston

When ever sending any sort of application in to the CFO I always follow up with a phone call.

Be polite, and explain your situation. When ever I have spoken to the CFO I have had my requests completed on the spot, unless a third party was required ( restricted transfer or Initial license - reference checks )
    Always be sure to have all your information on hand, as I have found that if you have your s** together, the CFO tends to do the same.

FWIW:
    My RPAL was received in under 4 weeks from the date I submitted my test results & application.
    I received my LTATT and first restricted transfer within 3 days of purchase.
    I also applied for an interprovincial LTATT so I can carry my firearms between my homes on BC and AB - This allows me access to any range within BC, AB and YK - also received on the spot.
    I have since completed a multitude of restricted transfers, all of which have been completed in under a week ( longest delay due to third party not submitting proper information )

Keep in mind, I play by "their rules" by supplying proof of range memberships, registrations and home addresses with all my applications.

High volume is what the CFO in Sask says also.
    Mine was received at CFC Aug 24, still "completed initial process..." crap.
    Called CFC a few times, was told 2 diff stories, SK CFO received it 1) mid Oct, 2) mid Nov.
    From perusing the other PAL thread, people in BC and others in ON are getting theirs sooner than SK even though your populations are orders higher, so you got that going for you. Frustrating as hell that they can hold this back without a better explanation than "we're very busy".

Once day when I tried to call CFC, the audio quality was so bad I had to hangup, twice. Next 2 times, the call was dropped as soon as the CFC person transferred my call to the SK CFO's office. Fifth call, I explained all this to CFC, she said "well lets see if we can get a real person" and we did. The SK CFO's office explanation was we have a lot of applications. Fack, if they have so many, hire more people, like any business would do. There should be some option to address/appeal this issue, rather than leaving it to the CFO's discretion as to how many apps do or don't get processed per day, or why some seem to get approved lickety-split and others take months and months. Is it not a first in - first out queue basis ? Sign me -
    Blueballs in SK

CGN Ultra frequent flyer RobertMcC's Avatar
    45 days is the minimal...

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by AROD89 View Post

FWIW:
    My RPAL was received in under 4 weeks from the date I submitted my test results & application.
    So they waived the legally mandated waiting period for you? You must be pretty darn special.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer RobertMcC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteoutjeeper View Post
    So they waived the legally mandated waiting period for you? You must be pretty darn special.
    When I did mine Back in like 2002 I got it in less then 3 weeks.

The Paris attacks are driving up the applications.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast