Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Update

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendoozzaaaa View Post
    I used to go to TargetSports but was saddened to learn of your new policy regarding 'walk-ins' In the GTA it was one of the closet and best places to target practice, but that option is no longer available for PAL holders with their own firearms. I know you have a new "light" membership version, but that doesn't allow people to come in on weekends when they most likely would. The membership fee is too pricey for the amount of shooting I would normally do, so I loved the previous option to just pay as you go.

Too bad, was a nice club but I can't see myself going there anymore.
    I understand your position, but given the growth in our membership, something had to give.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Quote Originally Posted by Mendoozzaaaa View Post
    I used to go to TargetSports but was saddened to learn of your new policy regarding 'walk-ins' In the GTA it was one of the closet and best places to target practice, but that option is no longer available for PAL holders with their own firearms. I know you have a new "light" membership version, but that doesn't allow people to come in on weekends when they most likely would. The membership fee is too pricey for the amount of shooting I would normally do, so I loved the previous option to just pay as you go.

Too bad, was a nice club but I can't see myself going there anymore.
    Get friendly with a member and go as his guest. Or hers, as the case may be.

Contributing Business Member Target Sports Canada's Avatar
    Prior to our making the club available to members only (for use of your own firearms, keep in mind - I'm not referring to the familiarization program here), we did allow walk-ins but they were restricted to Monday - Friday, the exact same way that our associate members are. The associate membership IS essentially the walk-ins but with a required club level safety course to ensure that each unsupervised handler is a member who understands our club protocols and procedures, or a guest of someone who is ensuring that safety procedures are followed.

If anyone used to participate as a walk-in you may recall that day passes were $42.00 per visit as well, where as with the associate membership they are $35.00 for a member day pass.

Of course nugunner is correct, members are allowed to bring guests (prices vary depending on their membership type).

In the end the response I've gotten from members overall has been a positive one, where people feel there is a raised level of standards. Not everyone will like the change of course but as JR points out the club is growing and we want to continue to provide a level of quality in our service and membership standards.

-Annie
    Target Sports Canada
    905-888-8288
    Target Sports Canada
    Shop Target Sports Canada
    info@targetsportscanada.com
    websales@targetsportscanada.com

Store/Range Hours:
    Monday - Saturday 10AM-9PM
    Sunday & Holidays 10AM-6PM

Social Media:
    Instagram | Facebook | Canadian Gun Nutz
    Reviews: reviews@targetsportscanada.com

Can we shoot 7.62x39 rifles in the range?

Contributing Business Member Target Sports Canada's Avatar
    Range B is our rifle range, where 7.62x39 can be used.

All rifle ammunition below 50BMG cal is permitted on range B, provided it is NOT steel core.

- Annie
    Target Sports Canada
    905-888-8288
    Target Sports Canada
    Shop Target Sports Canada
    info@targetsportscanada.com
    websales@targetsportscanada.com

Store/Range Hours:
    Monday - Saturday 10AM-9PM
    Sunday & Holidays 10AM-6PM

Social Media:
    Instagram | Facebook | Canadian Gun Nutz