Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few custom built 870 for sale

A few custom built 870 for sale

As many that know me, I love building custom shotguns, while I cant really put a dollar value on the amount of hours I put into them... here are a few completed.
    we have about 30 in different stages of being built.
    If you are looking for perfection, you may find what you are looking for here.
    while these guns do look amazing, they are work guns, they are ready for your worst day you can give them.
    Every effort is made to make sure you can bet you life on it, if needed.
    Things like polished chambers, non MIM exstractors and new springs are standard on S&J built guns.

Custom 870 wingmaster 14 inch factory Bbl.
    Striped and honed action.

Smoothed and polished action inside and out including magazine tube.
    Stripped, honed and bead finished in titanium nitrate ( gold look)
    Stripped polished and bead blasted trigger pins, stock nut, and forend nut
    Polished chrome bolt and carrier
    Metal complete trigger group
    Drill and tap for M1913 spec scope base
    New hammer and trigger spring
    Bead blast and Mil spec phosphate finish every steel part but it’s self
    Remove old extractor and install new extractor.
    Magpul MOE SG stock set, .

Install 4140 steel over sized safety button
    Install No jam bright green machined magazine follower
    Cut install and test +power high quality magazine spring (650,000 cycle life)
    Install solid machined 4140 steel +1 tube
    single point sling plate

Supply 1x 6 shot black ( Detachable shot shell carrier) (customer to install as they wish)
    14 inch Factory barrel NIB 3 inch chambered,
    Finish in Cerakote Burnt bronze

Price $1099 +tax

New 870 express

One of our display guns

Likely racked a bunch of times, but has nor been shot

870 express magnum
    14 inch factory barrel
    +1 mag tube
    New 870 police exstractor
    S&J no jam follower and long life spring
    single point sling mount
    Magpul but stock
    Slightly used surefire 618fa weapons light

$1049 +tax

Last edited by badboybeeson; 12-08-2015 at 04:14 PM.

nice..love the burnt bronze..

but for 1k plus.....a choked barrel would make the deal waaay more tempting...and a cheap and easy upgrade on your end....

Quote Originally Posted by slim123 View Post

but for 1k plus.....a choked barrel would make the deal waaay more tempting...and a cheap and easy upgrade on your end....
    can you tell me more about how cheap and eazy it is to machine for choke tubes one at a time?
    Id like to know how this is done.
    when we start getting our own 870 barrles made in the new year some will be threaded for choke tubes, some will not be, as some clients need guns with out choke.

The parts we make at S&J are production, not one offs, I don't even ask the CNC guys to drill and Tap for scope base.
    for me to machine and install a choke tube id have to ask another $100 , just to cover my time and also the crazy price Remington charges for a basic choke tube.
    To me that's not cheap or easy.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by slim123 View Post

why would you want a choked barrel on a tactical shotgun? are you really going to take this skeet shooting?.....i have seen this mentioned several time in several threads about people wanting tactical shotguns with choked barrels i really dont understand

Quote Originally Posted by icelink View Post
    why would you want a choked barrel on a tactical shotgun? are you really going to take this skeet shooting?.....i have seen this mentioned several time in several threads about people wanting tactical shotguns with choked barrels i really dont understand
    Comes in handy for knocking over steel plates with birdshot and who says you can't hunt with a tactical shotgun. You can always put in a cylinder choke if you want.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    Nice work Simon!

Regarding chokes, I would have all my shotguns with a Rem Choke if I could.

More than half my short barrel shotguns are choked. Only two of them are not.
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    In a shell scrape 300 metres behind you...
    Quote Originally Posted by icelink View Post
    In my experience, slugs almost invariably perform better from a modified choke, as well as smaller buckshot (#1 and #4)...

I know you guys do a lot of custom 870 stuff

Do you guys have a spare 870 police receiver for sale??

Hey Simon. Well I'm a slug guy as many shorty shotgun guys are and having chokes is not something I personally would pay more for. Clearly Your mileage may vary with regard to the level of importance others seem to place on threaded barrels

For me, cylinder provides reasonable accuracy all day long with Remington or better quality slugs.
    Are you allowed to eat doughnuts private Pyle?

Quote Originally Posted by badboybeeson View Post
    can you tell me more about how cheap and eazy it is to machine for choke tubes one at a time?
    Id like to know how this is done.
    when we start getting our own 870 barrles made in the new year some will be threaded for choke tubes, some will not be, as some clients need guns with out choke.

The parts we make at S&J are production, not one offs, I don't even ask the CNC guys to drill and Tap for scope base.
    for me to machine and install a choke tube id have to ask another $100 , just to cover my time and also the crazy price Remington charges for a basic choke tube.
    To me that's not cheap or easy.
    For starters, im not a gunsmith...and have no idea whatsoever how busy you are, and what it would take for you to do this....but you dont have to get snippy just because i made a fair suggestion about what i (and many) others i know who also like chokes.....
    Simple fact of the matter, most guys arent going to run around pretending to be "TACTICAL" with a so-called tactical shotgun.....most short shotguns are bush guns,used for for wilderness protection and the such. I work in the bush and sometimes a short shotty is the best thing to have for security...whether its so called tactical or not..
    if i am up in the arctic or waaay back in the bush in northern bc, chokes are ideal for knocking down ptarmigan or rabbits or arctic ground squirrel (which are everywhere up there)in a survival situation which is part of a realistic scenario for my line of work. I know a few pilots who have said they wished they could buy these barrels pre choked as they have to order them online, and dont always have access to a gunsmith...
    sorry if i insulted you...and that wasnt my intention...i just was making a simple request...

btw thanks for getting my 400.00 order out to me so quick, the order had an issue, it was resolved thu email immediatly....and i received it today....i came to this thread to thank you publicly for such great service.......but unfortunatly had to reply to your response....
    Last edited by slim123; 12-08-2015 at 09:36 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast