Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Russian Tokarev

CGN frequent flyer midnightpossum's Avatar

Russian Tokarev

Do these come with holster and cleaning rod?

Post-War?

Can I request a hand selected one
    No retreat,No surrender

Quote Originally Posted by midnightpossum View Post
    Do these come with holster and cleaning rod?

Post-War?

Can I request a hand selected one
    They come with a holster, and cleaning rod. Some places give a spare magazine, so maybe shop around. The holsters are nothing special. Very cool guns though.
    People don't realize how hard it is to speak the truth, to a world full of people that don't realize they are living a lie.
    -Edward Snowden

CGN Ultra frequent flyer pcvando's Avatar
    These don't have the added safeties do they? In particular the Polish ones?

I am also in the market and interested in all the above!

If you want a better quality gun then get a zastava M57 - you can even get a modern production (new) and it would be built to a much higher standard than the old Russian ones. Plus you get an extra round in your mag and better ergonomics due to a longer handle.

Avoid the war time production by all means (unless you are a collector and this aspect is important to you) The quality of war time guns is mediocre at best.
    “If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.” - Mark Twain

CGN Ultra frequent flyer guess_kto's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by edojan View Post
    If you want a better quality gun then get a zastava M57 - you can even get a modern production (new) and it would be built to a much higher standard than the old Russian ones. Plus you get an extra round in your mag and better ergonomics due to a longer handle.

Avoid the war time production by all means (unless you are a collector and this aspect is important to you) The quality of war time guns is mediocre at best.
    So far, 1944-1945 production guns that I have seen have been at par with 1950s... Polish guns are usually unused exact copy of 50s production. Since they are unused, it's like getting a new car with a new car (or, here it will be gun) smell. Yugos had issues with cracked slides (at locking path, since they decided to cut it through the slide instead of making a notch like Russians). They also don't take other Tok's mags. I have seen Hungarian 1940s production, which are similar to post-war, in 50s they made 2 barrel version with ergonomic grips. You may find Hungarians once in a while on EE.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Butcherbill's Avatar
    My post war Russian 52 (iirc) came with two matching mags, leather holster and metal cleaning rod. I picked up 4 extra mags from Wanstalls, which if you're like me you'll want a bunch of extra mags. I grabbed a can of Russian surplus x25 and have yet to have a single hiccup with any of it yet. I'd like to get my hands on some commercial ammo and see if I can tighten up my groups even more.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    These come with the holster and the cleaning rod, not sure about the extra mag. I'm not sure what years we have here at the moment. I can tell you that none of them has safeties as they are original military guns, not civilian made versions or americanized import models. There is nothing, and I mean nothing wrong with the quality of war time build TT33's. I've owned, handled and shot many over the years. If the truth be told some of the crappiest tokarev's I've seen have been civilian production models.

Shoot an email to sales@wolverinesupplies.com and we will see what we can do for you.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

CGN frequent flyer midnightpossum's Avatar
    E- mail sent
    No retreat,No surrender

I only had one issue with my 1950 unissued Polish Tok and that was the extractor retaining pin was loose and firing the stout 7.62.25 surplus rounds made it come out and I lost the extractor spring. Tradeexcanada hooked me up.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast