Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: NC Star Scopes and vz58 rifles

BTW, many NC Star scopes now also have lifetime warranties. I have several and never had any problems.
    I think they're definitely upping their game.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaBoom View Post
    NCSTAR products are definitely 'on a budget' items. As a few of the comments have stated, though, that doesn't always automatically transfer into being junk (although truthfully sometimes it does and I would be especially cautious about optics). While the old saying "you get what you pay for" is a general truth I am sure that all of us can testify to times when we have both acquired an item that's value seems to surpass its sticker price as well as purchased a high cost item that did not deliver good value for its top dollar price tag. When considering any purchases I always like to check out user reviews as much as possible. Amazon.com is often a good reference point. My own practice here is that if an item has multiple user reviews and averages 4 or more out of 5 then I am fairly confident to proceed. If not, then that is a huge red flag if the actual owners of the item are unsatisfied.
    Not all NCStar scopes fail right out of the box, and not all Amazon reviews are worth the effort to read - lots of reviews are posted before the user even got to try it out. It would be more relevant to read reviews that come from people who have used a scope for 6 months than from someone who just opened the box.

I have experienced NC Star scopes, and my review is already posted in this thread.

Mine was broken right out of the box. Zero issue with sending it back and getting a brand new one no questions asked.

Put on my CQA and have had zero issues with it thus far. Holds zero like a champ. Maybe I'm one in a million.

Quote Originally Posted by jethunter View Post
    It would be more relevant to read reviews that come from people who have used a scope for 6 months than from someone who just opened the box.
    This of course is totally true. The problem comes in finding such individuals in a timely manner when trying to make a decision. Sometimes on a site like Amazon there will be dozens or even hundred of 'user' reviews so I always put most stock in the ones that indicate a prolonged period of use. The concern that you raise is also one of the concerns that I have with more 'professional' review sources. Often the impressions stated in those contexts are based on a couple of hours use at most on a product that may have been gifted to the individual, so that isn't the most reliable foundation for evaluation either. At the end of the day one needs to make a decision based on the available information at hand in combination with their current disposable income situation. In this particular situation on this site we have users presenting both sides of the coin so it would probably be wise to look into warranty and return policies carefully if leaning to proceed.

Another good question to ask of individuals who have had problems with their SKS optics holding zero is how they have them mounted. Some of the mounting platforms on SKS's are inferior and would fail regardless of the quality of the scope attached to them.

Expired Business
    I have made several attempts to explain this before....
    NC Star offer two main lines of products, one is for air soft and pellet rifles....
    The other line is for rim fire and center fire rifles....

Some less than ethical dealers will offer air soft and pellet models, which cost less and are not built for firearms, as the "real thing" thus increasing their profit margin....
    Marstar sells thousands of NC Star scopes each year, our return rate is very low indeed....
    John

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    NC Star offer two main lines of products, one is for air soft and pellet rifles....

Some less than ethical dealers will offer air soft and pellet models, which cost less and are not built for firearms, as the "real thing" thus increasing their profit margin....
    Marstar sells thousands of NC Star scopes each year, our return rate is very low indeed....
    John
    this i did not know. ty for the information

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post

John
    Totally agree with this statement. Everyone seems to consider them as being junk but they manage to get 3.5-4 out of 5 stars on numerous reviews (100+ reviews)

I too amnstrongly considering their mark 3 tactical and the rubberized mark 3 tacticals for my vz58 once I get a csa side mount for it.

if nc star makes 2 different lines of product...how do we know what is what....if they both look exactly the same...and we have to take the "word" of the guy selling them for a profit on which is what....how do we know that the one we are getting is legit?

Maybe they should make them in 2 different series...and make them look different, or have different names..like other scopes do i.e. (crossfire >>>>razor) so the customer knows what they are getting?

Myself, I won't take the chance....and ill buy from a line where I know exactly what I am buying......

Well I must apologize, my experience with NCStar optics may indeed be the airsoft quality ones mentioned by johnone. Having spent some time looking at what they have available on their website, I see that marstar has a great deal of ncstar stuff I haven't ever laid eyes on. So yeah I'm eating crow on this one.

With the price on these why not grab one and try it out. I'm betting a lot of our advice is based on experience with much older models (or airsoft level) so they may have improved a great deal since then.
    Last edited by highbeam; 12-17-2015 at 02:33 PM.
    A fear of weapons from 80's action movies, not logic, created the disaster that is our firearms act.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast