Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In Light of current circumstances, what is Arms East going to do??

In Light of current circumstances, what is Arms East going to do??

Stag Arms owner pleads guilty to federal firearms charges, will get out of gun business

POSTED 10:03 AM, DECEMBER 22, 2015, BY DOUG STEWART AND JOHN CHARLTON, UPDATED AT 03:14PM, DECEMBER 22, 2015

HARTFORD — The owner of a local gun manufacturer has pleaded guilty to violating federal firearms laws.

The president of Stag Arms, LLC, Mark Malkowski, 37, pleaded guilty to a federal firearms charge. Per a plea agreement, Malkowski has agreed to pay a $100,000 fine, while the company will pay a $500,000 fine. Stag Arms also has to forfeit its gun manufacturing license, and Malkowski agreed to get out of the gun business and never return in an ownership or management role.

In July of 2014, the ATF conducted a firearms compliance inspection of Stag’s two New Britain manufacturing facilities, including a building which houses gun-maker CMT. A 2007 inspection found record keeping violations which the company was warned to fix.

During the latest investigation, ATF investigators found that more than 3,000 gun receivers –the part of the gun that includes the trigger and firing mechanism–were not properly registered, violating the National Firearms Act. Federal agents also discovered a total of 62 fully automatic machine guns and machine gun receivers which were either registered somewhere else or not registered at all. Guns were also recovered which had serial numbers “obliterated,” meaning numbers were purposely erased.

Furthermore, federal prosecutors said Stag Arms could not account for 200 guns, meaning they are lost. The fear is the guns wound up on the streets and could potentially be used in a crime.
    http://fox61.com/2015/12/22/stag-arms-expected-to-plead-guilty-to-federal-firearms-charges/ (I have included the above link so others can do their own due diligence)

Mr. Danger Tree

I have always been a supporter of Canadians firearms businesses, and I have bought my fair share of AR stuff from your firm.

However, in light of the above, things just seemed to gotten a lot more complicated.

With respect, as the Canadian distributor for Stag, how does Arms East proceed from here?

I have $'s to spend come the new year, and I was wondering will there be any AR product on the shelves for the foreseeable future.

I thank you for your time and I look forward to your constructive response.

regards

AbH

From Stag Arms:
    "The federal government has agreed to allow Stag Arms to continue operating with an effective firearms license during the transition to new ownership and the plan moving forward is for business as usual during the transition and beyond"

Short Answer. There will be a new owner/management soon, and it will be business as usual.
    "You may not like guns. That is your right. You may not believe in God. That is your choice. But if someone breaks into your home, the first two things you are going to do are… Call someone with a gun and Pray they get there in time." - Unknown

That's good news. I'd hate to see a good quality AR become non available for stupid reasons.

CGN Regular
    With luck, SA will be bought out and the business will continue under new ownership.

Fortunate it didn't turn into another Sabre Defence.

Stag arms is an amazing product and Arms East is an even better company. Hopefully this won't influence the flow of Stag Arms to Canada.
    45 ACP Junkie... Nothing More, Nothing Less...

Arms east will be just fine

Quote Originally Posted by DOOK View Post
    That's good news. I'd hate to see a good quality AR become non available for stupid reasons.
    You read why they got convicted right?...
    -Erasing serial numbers.
    -Concealing full auto guns.
    -Missing guns.
    So what would be a stupid reason?

CGN Regular
    For reasons of stupidity,as in the people who were being bad know better but were stupid anyways.

CGN frequent flyer
    EE and Ibtl

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast