Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: SilencerCo. coming to Canada

Wonder if a $200 per unit federal tax would help deregulate silencers in Canada. I'd pay at least that much to keep my neighbours from complaining, and considering how much insurance companies pay for hearing damage claims, I'm truly surprised they don't fund lobbying for the effort.

Do they make and can you get a dummy suppressor perhaps with the typical 1/2x28 thread by chance?
    Life is not that complicated. You get up, you go to work, eat three meals, you take one good shlt and you go back to bed. What’s the fvcking mystery?! - George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Superchunk View Post
    Wonder if a $200 per unit federal tax would help deregulate silencers in Canada. I'd pay at least that much to keep my neighbours from complaining, and considering how much insurance companies pay for hearing damage claims, I'm truly surprised they don't fund lobbying for the effort.
    I'd pay that and then some to able to run a silencer. I don't understand why we can't use them considering it's the polite thing to do. I've heard the excuse that it would increase poaching. Well where I live you can hear gunshots everyday from either me or one of my neighbors and they have never been investigated.

We offer one from Spike's Tactical in 1/2X28;

https://shopquestar.com/shopping65/s...?id=1260&bc=no

Quote Originally Posted by Questar2 View Post
    We do not as of yet as SilencerCo. is waiting to see what the State Department has to say about export restrictions.
    Hi, on the website I see that you are taking advanced orders. Does this mean it's finally obtainable in Canada?
    https://shopquestar.com/shopping65/shopexd.asp?id=2902

Quote Originally Posted by BrassBandit View Post
    I'd pay that and then some to able to run a silencer. I don't understand why we can't use them considering it's the polite thing to do. I've heard the excuse that it would increase poaching. Well where I live you can hear gunshots everyday from either me or one of my neighbors and they have never been investigated.
    Agreed. To the RCMP: Wake up guys, these supressor are common in many country in 2017 except for the Canada.
    It's time to allows this device to help us (earing damage) and be more quiet with our neighbour.

Quote Originally Posted by NAAZ View Post
    Hi, on the website I see that you are taking advanced orders. Does this mean it's finally obtainable in Canada?
    https://shopquestar.com/shopping65/shopexd.asp?id=2902
    It is. We've had several in already and shipped. More on the way.

Scott.

Now that my P226 SC TB is shipped, and my Gen4 G19 has a SC TB, maybe its time to get some matching sights... Gonna check what they offer and perhaps make a request.

#SCfanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Questar2 View Post
    Questar International is proud to announce that we will be offering SilencerCo. products in Canada starting early January.

We will be stocking all of their CDN legal barrels and several of their muzzle devices. We will also be making their sights available as well. Other products will be available and these will be driven by your demand.

So if there is something other than what we've mentioned let us know and we'll get it in for you.

Currently the RADIUS Ranger Finder is under review by the US State Department and depending on the outcome we hope to be making this available.

With their Glock threaded barrels we will be able to offer options to our current GLOCK 19 range of pistols allowing you to choose from the current Lone Wolf barrels or the new SilencerCo. threaded barrels.

Pricing will be up on our website early in the new year.

And before someone asks no we won't be offering their suppressors. Had to say
    FN-15 Patrol SBR -- Winchester Model 94
    Beretta 1301 Tactical LTT Clone
    Remington 870 MCS -- TacOrd 1970s Wingmaster
    Sig P320 X-Five Legion -- Midwest Industries 10/22

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by panzer1 View Post
    Agreed. To the RCMP: Wake up guys, these supressor are common in many country in 2017 except for the Canada.
    It's time to allows this device to help us (earing damage) and be more quiet with our neighbour.
    Much as I am critical of the RCMP's upper management and their policies and totally inappropriate political agenda, the blame for suppressors being prohibited in Canada lies solely at the feet of parliament.

From the criminal code interpretation section:
    prohibited device means

(a) any component or part of a weapon, or any accessory for use with a weapon, that is prescribed to be a prohibited device,
    (b) a handgun barrel that is equal to or less than 105 mm in length, but does not include any such handgun barrel that is prescribed, where the handgun barrel is for use in international sporting competitions governed by the rules of the International Shooting Union,
    (c) a device or contrivance designed or intended to muffle or stop the sound or report of a firearm,

It would require a parliamentary amendment of the Criminal Code of Canada in order to de-prohibit suppressors in Canada, unfortunately. The RCMP has absolutely zero ability to affect such a change, even if they wanted to. As it stands, if you stick a potato on the end of your firearm and shoot through it, you just committed an indictable offence.

Craziness.

Quote Originally Posted by Longarm9 View Post
    Much as I am critical of the RCMP's upper management and their policies and totally inappropriate political agenda, the blame for suppressors being prohibited in Canada lies solely at the feet of parliament.

From the criminal code interpretation section:
    prohibited device means

(a) any component or part of a weapon, or any accessory for use with a weapon, that is prescribed to be a prohibited device,
    (b) a handgun barrel that is equal to or less than 105 mm in length, but does not include any such handgun barrel that is prescribed, where the handgun barrel is for use in international sporting competitions governed by the rules of the International Shooting Union,
    (c) a device or contrivance designed or intended to muffle or stop the sound or report of a firearm,

It would require a parliamentary amendment of the Criminal Code of Canada in order to de-prohibit suppressors in Canada, unfortunately. The RCMP has absolutely zero ability to affect such a change, even if they wanted to. As it stands, if you stick a potato on the end of your firearm and shoot through it, you just committed an indictable offence.

Craziness.
    Yes you're right, was too fast to blame the RCMP ......
    In that case, with the Liberal, we have no chance to see a change into the criminal code to allow supressor device in our country.