Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Paid warranty for VZ58

CGN frequent flyer lil_juiced_coupe's Avatar
    Imagine if gun owners on cgn could organize for gun rights as well as they can organize to b!tch over 25 dollars of shipping for free warranty repair.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jericho's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_juiced_coupe View Post
    Imagine if gun owners on cgn could organize for gun rights as well as they can organize to b!tch over 25 dollars of shipping for free warranty repair.
    When you buy an item that has warranty, it is a protection on the item for certain types of damage and or loss of function. OP has the right to be upset if the warranty won't be honored.

However, if the fine print says you pay shipping, you can't ##### about having to pay it when something goes wrong.

Personally, I believe all warranty should have free shipping unless there isn't a problem due to user error, or it can be proven the item was damaged or used in a way that isn't covered by warranty. It all boils down to fine print.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZUKA View Post
    Ruger for example pays for shipping both ways,all I had to do is send them copy of shipping receipt. That's warranty !
    I broke a spring on an SP 101 and Ruger's warranty center in Canada charged me for the spring and shipping. I was just happy to get the spring and it was not expensive but SnapShot new the score and charged me anyways.

I've had some companies pay for shipping both ways and others want all shipping paid while others will split it with the customer paying to ship and then the company paying return shipping.

In Canada when it comes to gun warranties, just getting good service in a timely fashion is the biggest challenge..... I wouldn't sweat the shipping if they handle everything else quickly.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Can-down View Post
    In Canada when it comes to gun warranties, just getting good service in a timely fashion is the biggest challenge..... I wouldn't sweat the shipping if they handle everything else quickly.
    I HEAR YA ...!!!
    Keep Canada Tactical

If you have to warranty anything you should NOT be expected to pay for shipping either there or back its ridiculous and terrible customer warranty. Only if it is shipped and nothing is defective should you have to pay for wasting their time and money
    Train Hard, Fight Easy!

Quote Originally Posted by fbeninati View Post
    If you have to warranty anything you should NOT be expected to pay for shipping either there or back its ridiculous and terrible customer warranty. Only if it is shipped and nothing is defective should you have to pay for wasting their time and money
    If your truck is under warranty and you bought it 100km from the dealer, you believe you should be reimbursed for gas and mileage back to the dealer for repairs? Read the fine print. If you aren't covered and you buy the item, it is your own fault.

Parts-Unknown (yes same town where all the wrestlers come from)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jericho View Post
    If your truck is under warranty and you bought it 100km from the dealer, you believe you should be reimbursed for gas and mileage back to the dealer for repairs? Read the fine print. If you aren't covered and you buy the item, it is your own fault.
    Actually many new autos come with road hazard and auto service the 21st year. The higher quality cars come with extensive tow service, hotel and car rental coverage.
    You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the Fxck on! Tupac Shakur

Quote Originally Posted by 1bigrn View Post
    Actually many new autos come with road hazard and auto service the 21st year. The higher quality cars come with extensive tow service, hotel and car rental coverage.
    Fine print. Read it. Don't like? Don't buy.

I believe a warranty is a warranty and means everything is covered by the warranty provider be it shipping or anything else. It's their problem how they get my product. I don't care if it's shipped, they send out a guy to pick it up, or it's teleported straight to their head office like Star Trek.

The fact that paying for shipping on warranty is widespread in Canada doesn't make it OK, it just means that a lot of us are just too lazy to deal with this. I admit I also often take the easy route and pay for something I shouldn't but it doesn't make it right.
    Owning a firearm is not a privilege, it is your right. Protect it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZUKA View Post
    Ruger for example pays for shipping both ways,all I had to do is send them copy of shipping receipt. That's warranty !
    And they have no warranty at all....written or implied lol
    Seriously, Ruger has no warranty on their firearms.....but some of the best customer service in the industry.
    Why No Warranty Card Has Been Packed With Your New Ruger Firearm?
    The Magnuson-Moss Act (Public Law 93-637) does not require any seller or manufacturer of a consumer product to give a written warranty. It does provide that if a written warranty is given, it must be designated as "limited" or as "full" and sets minimum standards for a "full" warranty. Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. has elected not to provide any written warranty, either "limited" or "full", rather than to attempt to comply with the provisions of the Magnuson-Moss Act and the regulations issued thereunder. There are certain implied warranties under state law with respect to sales of consumer goods. As the extent and interpretation of these implied warranties varies from state to state, you should refer to your state statutes. Sturm, Ruger & Company wishes to assure its customers of its continued interest in providing service to owners of Ruger firearms.
    It's getting a little bit Sunday around here.....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast