Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fabrique Nationale FNS-40L

Quote Originally Posted by Moparman1303 View Post
    How are these so cheap? These are the real deal? Long slide 9 or 40sw? Any 9mm out there?
    I actually have two 9mm. They are great. I bought mine about 5 - 6 months ago and mags were hard to find (why I needed two of them so I had 6 mags for one to use in IPSC) Mags are now available by the way. I was told by more than one dealer then that these FN-L models were brought in as a large lot import at a special price. The 9mm's are priced well too. I imagine that there was a certain amount of .40s imported, .40 never sell as well as 9mm. The dealers have had these on their shelves for almost a year or more and want to turn over their stock. I bought my .40 cal Gen 3 Glock's at a crazy low price too for basically the same reason. In the US they also have a model with a manual safety like a 1911 but a lot of people prefer this longer slide model and no manual safety. The trigger on the 9mm is unique, some people say it's similar to a Glock but my experience is that it's not. The trigger of the FN-L.40 are likely similar to the FN-L 9s Everyone that has shot our 9mm have been accurate with it. Some liked the grip (it's more upright than some but does come with a backstrap to change it a bit) The only thing we've noticed is the grip texturing could be higher and I would definitely add grip tape or stippling to a .40 version. As I said my 14 year old daughter shot a season of IPSC with her 9mm version with 0 problems. Hope that helps. If you are near Lethbridge you can try our 9mm but these will likely sell quickly at this price (they should). ** Just to clarify I know dealers have gotten 9mm mags in I don't know about .40 mag availability.
    Last edited by OldWays; 01-07-2016 at 09:26 PM.

I think I just got the last one. Yassss

9mm would be awesome.
    We are no longer accepting things we cannot change.
    Its now time to change the things we cannot accept.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by OldWays View Post
    I actually have two 9mm. They are great. I bought mine about 5 - 6 months ago and mags were hard to find (why I needed two of them so I had 6 mags for one to use in IPSC) Mags are now available by the way. I was told by more than one dealer then that these FN-L models were brought in as a large lot import at a special price. The 9mm's are priced well too. I imagine that there was a certain amount of .40s imported, .40 never sell as well as 9mm. The dealers have had these on their shelves for almost a year or more and want to turn over their stock. I bought my .40 cal Gen 3 Glock's at a crazy low price too for basically the same reason. In the US they also have a model with a manual safety like a 1911 but a lot of people prefer this longer slide model and no manual safety. The trigger on the 9mm is unique, some people say it's similar to a Glock but my experience is that it's not. The trigger of the FN-L.40 are likely similar to the FN-L 9s Everyone that has shot our 9mm have been accurate with it. Some liked the grip (it's more upright than some but does come with a backstrap to change it a bit) The only thing we've noticed is the grip texturing could be higher and I would definitely add grip tape or stippling to a .40 version. As I said my 14 year old daughter shot a season of IPSC with her 9mm version with 0 problems. Hope that helps. If you are near Lethbridge you can try our 9mm but these will likely sell quickly at this price (they should). ** Just to clarify I know dealers have gotten 9mm mags in I don't know about .40 mag availability.
    Yes I hope they have mags and 9 mm, I jut recieved mine yesterday and with medium hands, I find both back straps feel slippery so you may be right about changing it a bit, the trigger is a bit gritty but hasn't Been cleaned yet and others say it smooths out. One thing I notice is the small pic rail forward of the trigger guard droops and is quite easily moved up and down. It is plastic after all and if this is normal I am sure it won't hurt anything! The slide looks great and I think is a casting. I wonder what the life span is considered to be on these poly rigs? Great deal either way, just have to find some cheap ammo and more mags!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

My kingdom for an answer on the 9mm sale question!
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

$300 more for a different caliber - boo-erns.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Buying myself a new pistol I really didn't need to buy boo-urns... Wait, I'm getting a new pistol for a ridiculously good price... Yay!
    A fear of weapons from 80's action movies, not logic, created the disaster that is our firearms act.

Ill buy one in 9mm for the same price
    We are no longer accepting things we cannot change.
    Its now time to change the things we cannot accept.

CGN Regular groundskeeper willy's Avatar
    If the 9mm drops to that price I will take 2.
    Yesterday I couldn't spell Engineer, Now I are one.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast