Thread: NEA-15 22LR Uppers -- What brand of mag?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mwjones's Avatar

NEA-15 22LR Uppers -- What brand of mag?

What brand of mag ships with these uppers? The one on the NEA website looks like a Black Dog, but the one on canadaammo.com doesn't look like a Black Dog, Chiappa, Colt, promag, or anything else that I can find a picture of!

Do you have one of those 22lr ...i bought one and it dont run worth a #### with any kind of mag...nea=never ever again :<

Got mine 2 weeks before Xmas and it came with an IMI mag..also bought 3 BlackDogs...like any .22 semi I've owned, the first 500-600 rounds there were feeding problems and light strikes. I've put about 750 mini mags through it now and it is running well. Yesterday morning I ran 4 full mags (100 rounds) with only two FTF's and one FTE. Another 100-200 rounds and it'll be running like a champ I expect.

Quote Originally Posted by ezzyfreeway View Post
    Do you have one of those 22lr ...i bought one and it dont run worth a #### with any kind of mag...nea=never ever again :<
    Mine was the same thing for the first few hundred rounds,I was also running lead nosed,not FMJ,and honestly when I switched to a played nose,ran very well.just as reliable,if not more so then my CMMG conversion.
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Innavedaw View Post
    Got mine 2 weeks before Xmas and it came with an IMI mag..also bought 3 BlackDogs...like any .22 semi I've owned, the first 500-600 rounds there were feeding problems and light strikes. I've put about 750 mini mags through it now and it is running well. Yesterday morning I ran 4 full mags (100 rounds) with only two FTF's and one FTE. Another 100-200 rounds and it'll be running like a champ I expect.
    Yea, that's not really dissimilar to breaking in my Ruger SR22 carbine. I had to put a lot of rounds and silicon lube thru 2 butler creeks before they were broken in. Somewhat fewer rounds thru 3 tactical innovations mags + quite a bit of fiddling with the adjustment screws. All work beautifully now, and I compete with them, but it was frustrating.
    Mags & ammo should always the 1st suspects though.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Stumbled on some CCi AR Tactical .22 this morning at my LGS and thought I'd give it a try....200 rounds this afternoon and not a single failure...

The NEA .22Lr rifles take a 25 round IMI Defense mag. I have some on order and they should be arriving end of this month.
    Canadaammo.com

https://www.canadaammo.com/

Please do not PM me with customer order requests!
    Send these via e-mail to: info@canadaammo.com

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mwjones's Avatar
    Can I return the junky chiappa mag that I just received for an IMI one?