Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What exactly is OK to bring into Canada from the USA?

I bought my scope in Michigan. On our way back to Canada, customs asked who spent the most so I raised my hand. He asked what my most expensive purchase was and I told him I bought a scope for my hunting rifle and he was fine with it

Quote Originally Posted by Adzyhany View Post
    I bought my scope in Michigan. On our way back to Canada, customs asked who spent the most so I raised my hand. He asked what my most expensive purchase was and I told him I bought a scope for my hunting rifle and he was fine with it
    not a problem bringing it in here but if you were caught by the boyzzz from the US of A then it'll be a different story, bet you wouldn't be visiting them for quite a while..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Ar180shooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adzyhany View Post
    CBSA doesn't care for the most part as long as you pay whatever taxes and duties are owed. Homeland security might have something else to say about it...

Also, just because you didn't get caught, doesn't mean it was legal!
    "If everybody you meet is an a$shole, then you're probably the problem, not them."

CGN Regular
    Here is a good CBSA starting point reference:

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publicati...f5044-eng.html

Let's take this a step further... Are there any American companies that sell guns/ammo cheap, and are licensed to export to Canada, to private buyers???

Quote Originally Posted by dm9 View Post
    Here is a good CBSA starting point reference:

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publicati...f5044-eng.html
    I would respectfully disagree. In order to bring something into Canada (import) you must first take it out of the US (export). Don't confuse the two. For example, Canada will say you can bring in 5000 rounds of ammunition. This is true. If you are caught bringing it out of the United States, you will most likely have it seized, be arrested, and not allowed back into the US.
    “Gun control is the only kind of policy that we have where the proponents of it will point to it's utter failure as evidence that we need even more of it!" - JNG

In regards to ammunition (loaded cartridge) seems we can import up to a certain amount for personal use without an import permit. We still need an export permit from the US side.

A person is permitted to import up to 5000 rounds of small arms cartridges for personal use and not for resale into Canada without an import permit. An Import Permit is required to import larger quantities or if the ammunition is for resale in Canada. A person is permitted to export and transport in transit up to 5000 rounds of small arms cartridges without an Export or In Transit permit. An Export or In Transit permit is required to export and transport in transit larger quantities.
    http://www.nrcan.gc.ca/explosives/importation/9909
    Last edited by tiriaq; 02-02-2016 at 05:14 PM.
    In the GTA.
    Looking for a 86 Toyota MR2. Or 89 Supercharged.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gotloveforall View Post
    In regards to ammunition (loaded cartridge) seems we can import up to a certain amount for personal use without an import permit. We still need an export permit from the US side.

http://www.nrcan.gc.ca/explosives/importation/9909

You cannot get a US export permit. A licenced US business can get one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12