Thread: Grizzly Ghost ring adjustment screw for elevation a little mashed out of the box.

CGN Regular

Grizzly Ghost ring adjustment screw for elevation a little mashed out of the box.

Hey all, my elevetion screw for the ghost rings was a little deformed and in sighting it in I've made it a little worse, not sure how much more adjusting the screwdriver slot will take.

Is there anyone that has to replace them and know if they are a standard "size'

They are at best a 50 cent replacement, I just want to know I can get a new one, keep it in the spares box if I need them.

Cheers!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Claven2's Avatar
    do you have a thread gauge and a spanauer, fastenall or brafasco nearby? If you don;t have a gauge, you could bring them the screw and they might be able to match it up to something standard. A replacement would likely be zinc plated though, not blued.

You can burn zinc off with muriatic acid from Canadian Tire and cold blue the screw after. Be careful, this acid is nasty stuff. Use outdoors and well ventilated with gloves and eye protection.
    Keeping it real on the range since before there was a CGN.

CGN Regular
    No, dont have any of those, I was hoping they were a standard 870 screw, I have them good and tight in there at the moment, ( for the second time, LOL, ) with a healthy dose of loktite this time, I underestimated the recoil effect of this little beast on the sights!

This is a Bush gun and I don't care Purdy it is, I just know that things normally crop up when you are in the middle of nowhere, I can see that the recoil can shake the sights up a bit....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Butcherbill's Avatar
    It will likely be a metric thread, the screws that hold the rear ghost ring sight base on are a 3.5mm thread. Don't ask me why I know this...