Mapgul announces PRS Gen 3 Stock

Thread: Mapgul announces PRS Gen 3 Stock

Tags: None
  1. ctcs said:

Mapgul announces PRS Gen 3 Stock

The PRS GEN3 is a field precision stock for AR15/M16 and AR10/SR25 platforms, featuring tool-less length of pull and cheek piece height adjustment.
    With solid adjustments for length of pull and cheek piece height via aluminum detent knobs, the PRS GEN3 (Precision Rifle/Sniper) stock provides a stable interface and is intended for semi-automatic sniper or varmint type rifles. Offering a nearly universal fit, it installs on rifle-length receiver extensions as well as mil-spec carbine and A5-length tubes. Includes a cant/height-adjustable rubber butt-pad and rotation-limiting QD sling swivel cups as well as M-LOK slots on the bottom for rear monopod mounting.

Made in U.S.A.

FEATURES
    • Mounts to rifle-length, mil-spec carbine, or A5-length receiver extension tubes (not included)
    • Enhanced strength butt-plate withstands severe impact and recoil up to .50 BMG
    • Rubber butt-pad provides positive shoulder purchase to prevent slippage and is adjustable for both cant and height
    • Machined aluminum LOP and Cheek Piece adjustment knobs with positive locking click detents
    • Steel adjustment shafts finished with Melonite® for wear and corrosion resistance
    • All aluminum components finished with MIL-A-8625F, Type III, Class 2 hard anodizing
    • Bottom M-LOK slots provide additional sling mounting possibilities or for attaching 1913 Picatinny rails for use with a monopod
    • Sling Mounts
    • Front/Rear - rotation-limited QD sling swivel mounts (swivels not included)
    • Rear - 1.25" aluminum sling loop (left-right reversible)
  2. Mister Donut said:
    Oooo, not sure I like the new look, but I'm sure it will sell well.

mustang979 said:
    so, does magpul typically have their products in the market quickly after announcing them? or are we looking at ~6 months until they are available?
    A bunch of idiots standing in line together against you doesn't change the fact that they are all idiots...

Gunnerlove said:
    I liked how the previous version had a dead flat bottom, I wonder why they went away from it.
    Service Rifle has been shot in Canada since 1864.
    The DCRA is the oldest sporting organization in Canada.

bsand said:
    Damn, I just paid 70$ to get a flush cup mount for my prs....

And 100$ for adjustable buttpad...

Should have just waited.... what are lead times for the ar-10 version?
    "From My Cold, Dead Hands." - Charlton Heston

orthoboy said:
    Like. Other than the voiceover.

rally guy said:
    Yep voice over is stupid, I am not shure about the angle bottom but part from that its really nice!
  8. ctcs said:
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang979 View Post
    so, does magpul typically have their products in the market quickly after announcing them? or are we looking at ~6 months until they are available?
    Late 2016 - they said late 2015 for the Hunter stock - they arrived October/November 2015.

Expect October/November 2016

juancarlos said:
    I wonder what the weight is. The only reason I never wanted the PRS was because of the beastly 28oz it weighed.
  10. ctcs said:
    PRS Gen 3 will be 25oz