Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mapgul announces PRS Gen 3 Stock

Expired Business Member

Mapgul announces PRS Gen 3 Stock

The PRS GEN3 is a field precision stock for AR15/M16 and AR10/SR25 platforms, featuring tool-less length of pull and cheek piece height adjustment.
    With solid adjustments for length of pull and cheek piece height via aluminum detent knobs, the PRS GEN3 (Precision Rifle/Sniper) stock provides a stable interface and is intended for semi-automatic sniper or varmint type rifles. Offering a nearly universal fit, it installs on rifle-length receiver extensions as well as mil-spec carbine and A5-length tubes. Includes a cant/height-adjustable rubber butt-pad and rotation-limiting QD sling swivel cups as well as M-LOK slots on the bottom for rear monopod mounting.

Made in U.S.A.

FEATURES
    • Mounts to rifle-length, mil-spec carbine, or A5-length receiver extension tubes (not included)
    • Enhanced strength butt-plate withstands severe impact and recoil up to .50 BMG
    • Rubber butt-pad provides positive shoulder purchase to prevent slippage and is adjustable for both cant and height
    • Machined aluminum LOP and Cheek Piece adjustment knobs with positive locking click detents
    • Steel adjustment shafts finished with Melonite® for wear and corrosion resistance
    • All aluminum components finished with MIL-A-8625F, Type III, Class 2 hard anodizing
    • Bottom M-LOK slots provide additional sling mounting possibilities or for attaching 1913 Picatinny rails for use with a monopod
    • Sling Mounts
    • Front/Rear - rotation-limited QD sling swivel mounts (swivels not included)
    • Rear - 1.25" aluminum sling loop (left-right reversible)

BANNED
    Oooo, not sure I like the new look, but I'm sure it will sell well.

so, does magpul typically have their products in the market quickly after announcing them? or are we looking at ~6 months until they are available?
    A bunch of idiots standing in line together against you doesn't change the fact that they are all idiots...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gunnerlove's Avatar
    I liked how the previous version had a dead flat bottom, I wonder why they went away from it.
    Service Rifle has been shot in Canada since 1864.
    The DCRA is the oldest sporting organization in Canada.

Damn, I just paid 70$ to get a flush cup mount for my prs....

And 100$ for adjustable buttpad...

Should have just waited.... what are lead times for the ar-10 version?
    "From My Cold, Dead Hands." - Charlton Heston

CGN Ultra frequent flyer orthoboy's Avatar
    Like. Other than the voiceover.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Yep voice over is stupid, I am not shure about the angle bottom but part from that its really nice!

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang979 View Post
    so, does magpul typically have their products in the market quickly after announcing them? or are we looking at ~6 months until they are available?
    Late 2016 - they said late 2015 for the Hunter stock - they arrived October/November 2015.

Expect October/November 2016

I wonder what the weight is. The only reason I never wanted the PRS was because of the beastly 28oz it weighed.

Expired Business Member
    PRS Gen 3 will be 25oz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast