Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: modern hunter 308 help with the right package

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gunneegoogoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slim123 View Post
    Make sure you get an FRT# to carry with that if you are hunting...there are Fish and wildlife out there that will try and confiscate....or at the very least cause a major hassle in your day....all because they have a personal belief that ppl should not be hunting with so called "assault style" rifles. Its unfortunate that they are out there....but there are some that will abuse the authority of their position, just to push thru their own personal agenda or veiws...regardless of the law..

Me and my friends have run into 2 like these...that's why I always have my smartphone recording in my front pocket...every single time I get pulled over....for protection. If you have an FRT# the rcmp can run it right away and resolve the matter quickly.

Not all Fish and Wildlife are this way, in fact the vast majority are great ppl.....but unfortunately for us in the area we hunt...The "good cop" who was a very reasonable and helpful person who was a very well liked member of the community...was transferred to a bigger office....and the "bad apple" who took his place....now runs the show......and after many complaints that were all unresolved...he has lost the support of the community..unfortunately.
    Good point.

I dare them to confiscate my MH after I show them the FRT. Some people have the money and the will to make what's right, right.

-J.
    Last edited by Gunneegoogoo; 01-18-2016 at 11:00 PM.

Fortis is lighter

Yep, we need more ppl to stand up and do that...because every case won sets precidence......in our favor

I'd go with the PRI just because it will not conduct the heat right out of your hand in colder weather. As I have found out shooting outdoors this year. Or just wear gloves.

What does FRT stand for?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer mrsmitty's Avatar
    Firearms reference table I believe

CGN frequent flyer boss351cleveland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    Atrs said that the difference in velocity between the 18.6" barrel and the 20" barrel is only a couple FPS because its a gas gun, so short of aesthetics, the longer barrel length is of no real advantage.

The light barrel can suffer accuracy issues under extended fire, the heavy throws off the balance and makes it quite heavy - good for a bench gun. The Proof Carbon Fiber Wrapped maintains all the advantages of the heavy barrel while maintaing the weight of the light barrel.

For handgaurds, the PRI Carbon Fiber is one of the lightest and isn't cold to the touch like metal, a nice touch for hunting in the cold.
    He said hes deer hunting not target shooting , the light barrel is what he needs .. ''extended fire'' does not happen in deer hunting its one or two shots lol When it comes to hunting a lightest most compact package is best .. Pounds equal pain in the bush.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    If your hunting with your MH go with light weight everything Evan the scope
    The MH gets extremely heavy fast
    I would suggest just go with the basic package with a light barrel and later on you can order a complete upper with the upgrades and caliber you want

My next order will be for 243 upper( light weight barrel ) later on when I am in a better financial position I will look into uppers with carbon fiber barrels but for now 6.5CM ,338fed,and soon 243 will work for me
    Last edited by carverk; 01-19-2016 at 10:17 AM.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Olyar15 View Post
    Am I missing something? Or maybe looking at the wrong specs? A lot of people are recommending the PRI cf handguard, but according to their websites, the Fortis 12" handguard is 8.7 ounces while the pri 9.5" is a pound, with the longer handguards even heavier. Doesn't that make the Fortis the one to get if you want a lightweight gun?
    The fortis is definitely lighter weight, personally I prefer the PRI carbon fiber handguard, because the fortis is too skeletonized for my liking. Ideal place for twigs and branches and crap to accumulate, and aluminium. The PRI is wider, solid, more rigid, and carbon fiber doesn't conduct heat the same way aluminium. Beauty of these guns, there's one for every taste.

I would go with the carbon fibre handguard next time, although I have the JP which imo is the nicest looking, and comfortable, it does get cold when it's -20 out and the aluminum is very loud against branches. Maybe I just need a summer upper and winter one as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast