Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying my First ar 15

Buying my First ar 15

Hi Ive been on CGN for a while now but have never actually purchased anything. I am looking to purchase my first ar 15 however I am a little hesitant with the EMT, everyone says you send the money first then they start the transfer but what is stopping the person from just taking the $2500 and not sending me the gun anything? Besides a bad review?

Any info would be appreciated thank you

Try to find someone local or at least someone with a high feedback score. Talk to them on phone, get several picks to confirm they have what u want,ect.
    Buy em cheap, stack em deep!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    Basically nothing is stopping them, but if you ask questions and choose someone thats been on here with a good feedback score its usually a pretty safe bet. You can also arrange to meet in person if the seller is local to you.
    I personally have never had anything close to a bad transaction, and usually the item has been even better than described.
    Its very rare someone here gets burned, but it is more prevalent on some other sights. Do your homework first and you should have no problems.

Alright thanks, would it be a good idea if i asked if he would accept half the amount first then once the transfer is finished send the rest? One more question what is the exact procedure for doing something like this?

No because as soon as you start transfer it's no longer YOUR Firearm so 100% cash up front
    "From My Cold, Dead Hands." - Charlton Heston

Quote Originally Posted by bsand View Post
    No because as soon as you start transfer it's no longer YOUR Firearm so 100% cash up front
    x2, OP you should really try to find a local deal or buy new from a dealer.

Alright Thanks guys

CGN frequent flyer Jerry Champagne's Avatar
    I when I'm close to finalising a deal I try to move communication to cell phone. Chat a bit or text a bit. It will be easier to get the feeling if it's a bad deal via a conversation or text. If your still unsure have them take a picture with your name on a paper or Skype is good as well. At the end of the day once you send that emt and it's received its gone. Check feedback scores ask about any negatives on feedback, Contact the the person that left the negative. Face to face is always best.
    I see your Jihad and Raise you a Crusade

Have you ever smelt your enemy's last breath? Have you?

I'd say 99.999999999% of people on EE are stand up honest people. Best way to not get screwed is getting contact info, talking on phone, and high trader rating.

I've sold 4 handguns, bought 4 rifles and sold a scope in the last year totalling around 8k. Not a problem other than dirty action when removed from stock.
    "From My Cold, Dead Hands." - Charlton Heston

Yeah everyone I've talked to on here seem to be great people and very helpful its just my first purchase on here so not used to it yet :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast