Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Modern Hunter and Modern Varmint update Jan 22 2016

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haakman View Post
    Atrs is the 6.5 grendel on the drawing board for a future caliber in the MV? I believe it would be the optimal round for performance out of the MV. I've seen your concerns with the 7.62x39 but haven't seen your thoughts on the 6.5 grendel if they are the same?
    I see you guys offer the caliber in your AT15's I'm just wondering if its ok for the AT could it be acceptable for the MV? If so I'd put in for another upper in 6.5 right away
    Thanks
    The 6.5 Grendel uses the exact same bolt that 7.62x39 does, consequently the bolt failure rate due to the amount of structural material that is removed from the bolt to accommodate the much larger case head is as high. Also different mags are required.
    We are not saying no, not never, as JP claims that their bolts do not suffer from the high failure that some of the others do. Being a skeptic, I want to see for myself.

Also given that we are struggling to keep up with what we currently have on our plates, limits what else we can undertake.
    Keep in mind also that going with the less mainstream calibers the cost will be somewhat higher. The JP bolts for example are significantly more money than the standard 223 cal bolt heads we are using and we will NOT be taking on the expense of making mags for this 1, so whatever is out there currently is the only option for mags.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Regular
    Are the gas blocks taper pinned?

CGN Regular
    not sure what g96 is, will give it a try. Having said that never once had a issue with frog lube in -20 -30....
    dumped my rifle last year while hunting. found it later the next day in -20 covered in snow and marsh, picked it up cycled it and worked perfect. (bolt action)
    I think the main thing is people just don't know how to apply and wipe excess off. Having said that I have no where the experience of ATRS so what they recommend when it comes to their rifles is to be taken as gospel. They put out the best of the best for a reason =)

Hey Rick,

Glad to hear you guys are busy with orders for MV and MH. Down the road, if you saw fit to offer uppers in any legal hunting caliber for the MV, I'd definitely be in for one. 6.8 would be my preference as I already have a rifle in that caliber and it seems to offer good knockdown power, range, and availability of factory hunting ammo in Canada (I don't reload and won't have time or space to start for a couple of years). Grendel or 300 blackout would be ok too, though are not as good in availability and trajectory/energy respectively IMO.

Have read your thoughts on avoiding litigation and respect your POV as well as your goal of producing a 100% reliable and accurate rifle.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with, if anything will meet ATRS' standards.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678