Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: CZ 958 UPDATE Jan 2016

Quote Originally Posted by lazare View Post
    Will the CZ 958 ever be built?? I have not seen Wolverine supplies confirming 100% its dead, just that it will not be happening soon. I really hope these one day come to fruition. It would solve all the problems with my 858.
    He stated on the page previous, not only has CZ tooled up for other products but availability of parts that would have made this feasible have since dried up. So, while not a "this is never going to happen" it may as well be.

It was a good project but too much BS killed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Zombies! Where the f@$# are all the zombies? That's the trouble with zombies, they're unreliable.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer grelmar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thewhargoul View Post
    he stated on the page previous, not only has cz tooled up for other products but availability of parts that would have made this feasible have since dried up. So, while not a "this is never going to happen" it may as well be.

It was a good project but too much government bs killed it.
    ftfy

dead in the womb.

it will probably be cheaper and quicker to get a cz2003 and weld a EGW 20moa rail on top, there instant 958

Super GunNutz
    but at least once the type 81 gets here,the price of those overpriced 858 will sink like a rock,

Yeah right...
    Left wing, right wing, they belong to the same bird.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey1 View Post
    but at least once the type 81 gets here,the price of those overpriced 858 will sink like a rock,
    Maybe, but not likely. Apples & oranges.
    The type 81 is a rifle still in production, Chinese built, lower cost to make.
    The CZ 858 is out of production, Czech built, and the current model is a limited/final edition as well, from what we've been told. Unless they re-tool up and start churning them out again, there's no new ones being made.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer norlandgeese's Avatar
    CZ is unlikely to dance to Canadian tunes, the US market in comparison is just too large, like in most market segments.
    The only remotely possible way the Canadian market LED will get slightly less dim on the CZ boardroom world map is if there is a sudden craze of the Canadian hunting community flocking en masse to modern semi auto for hunting purposes, not very likely scenario.
    Last edited by norlandgeese; 12-13-2016 at 12:43 PM.
    Mismatch is the new black

somewhere in between Saskatchewan and Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiskey1 View Post
    somehow I dont think the sale of a currently produced norinco rifle will cause a CZ product to drop in price. lol
    DISCLAIMER

- First “I’ll take it” wins regardless of what dialogue is occurring
    - payment required within 12 HRS unless agreed upon prior
    - all sales on the EE are final so i ask questions before buying
    - all items sold come with 100$ insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wh1 View Post
    somehow I dont think the sale of a currently produced norinco rifle will cause a CZ product to drop in price. lol
    Meh, you never know. With the arrival of cheaper, similar products, pricier products have to remain competitive in a market. If those trying to sell a CZ858 notice that the Type 81 is just as good, cheaper, and people enjoy them more/are scooping them up for the "new novelty", then they may have to adjust their price accordingly... but not by much.

Still... the CZ858's sold new for what? like 1200 ish recently at the final sale? People are asking like $1500 for a used stock one. So dumb.

Here our new product retail prices are determined by our cost, there are many guns sold in Canada that are cheaper than in the US. There are also many neat products that we could import but we don't as they would be cost prohibitive and would not sell.

Used prices are determined by condition, I expect used guns that are still in production and readily available to sell for 20 to 30% less than new, but supply and demand will kick in here and have an effect, both up and down.

Ultimately a product is worth what somebody will pay for it and what some will sell it for, that is what makes auctions so interesting!