Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 300 Blackout Tavor

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xero View Post
    That looks alright actually, too bad Alberta hunting regs state that nothing smaller than .23 Calibre can be used on big game.

So North_Sylva, any Non-Restricted 300 Blackout kits coming for the original Tavor and/or x95?
    Yeah, it's silly the caliber laws... In BC you need a 175gr bullet to hunt bison but a .17 Fireball is legal for grizzly.

I want a 300BLK for deer hunting but it will be a Troy PAR
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

any updates?
    will the tavor 300 BLK be in canada?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Sounds like IWI US plans to launch the US .300blk kit in Q1 of 2017, hopefully NS can hash out a deal for some in 18.7". I want one for hunting purposes bad!
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    . I want one for hunting purposes bad!
    same here.
    would be such a nice deer bush gun.

CGN Regular
    Ill buy the 18" barrel kit aND have a custom barrel made to make it legal if need be

The problem is 18.5" is a very long .300blk barrel. It's my understanding that your bullets will be slowing down before they leave the barrel at such long lengths. .300blk is a difficult hunting round in Canada for this reason. IMO.

If you want to hunt with .300blk a better option is the rem700 16.5" SPS tactical.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer werewolf's Avatar
    Go 6.8

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyire View Post
    The problem is 18.5" is a very long .300blk barrel. It's my understanding that your bullets will be slowing down before they leave the barrel at such long lengths. .300blk is a difficult hunting round in Canada for this reason. IMO.

If you want to hunt with .300blk a better option is the rem700 16.5" SPS tactical.
    To my knowledge that is only the case with subsonic loads. Since we don't shoot suppressed yet I cant see how this could be an issue as long as you are aware of it.

Its not that anyone in this thread wants to hunt with that particular cartridge, but rather that the people here want to hunt with that particular rifle.

If I was taking a rem 700, it would be a .308.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyire View Post

One of the main advantages of 300 Blackout is that it can make use of short barrels because of the pistol powders often used. A 9" barrel can achieve a complete powder burn.
    The laws of physics still apply. The bullet is going to travel faster out of a longer barrel. I'd happily tailor a hunting load to an 18.5 barrel.

I have used my Troy PAR in 300 AAC and it does the job pperfectly with 125gr bullets. All shots under 100m but it works well.

The PAR is a joy to lug around too!

Candocad.
    [FONT="Verdana"]Take that shot and take it well, because there is unlikely to be another chance.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast