Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: CZ 75 TS Orange

CGN Regular
    ddd
    Last edited by keitha; 03-21-2016 at 12:41 PM.

CGN Regular
    Is that a 9mm?

Quote Originally Posted by keitha View Post
    Actually it is a problem because the guide rod is not seated in the frame and the slide is not always completely in battery but far enough in the hammer will drop giving a light strike on the primer. I just read an email from CZ that this is the case and they are aware of it. They have discussed how to deal with it, either adjust the guide rod head or modify the barrel. I think they have modified the barrels and all existing inventory now though but I would like to see one to verify.. I have seen it last weekend with my own eyes so I know it is an issue. My buddy is going to have to get a gunsmith to mill down about 10 thou off the barrel so the guide rod sits where it is supposed to. I'd love to see a pic of yours. The first time I saw the new barrel design I thought how is the guide rod going to sit there because the old barrel design is flat up at a right angle and needs to be for the guide rod, now with the extra material the guide rod does not sit back flat on the barrel and thus not in the pocket in the frame either. And if not there is slop and I would assume the guide rod bouncing around will take a beating.

I am concerned about this since I have one on pre-order.

glocks do the same thing... Doesn't seem to be a problem.
    I didn't invent the turtle neck, but I was the first to recognize it's potential as a tactical garment... Tactical turtle neck. Tactlneck.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

I will definitely look at mine tonight and compare it to my Checkmate and see if there is a difference between the two barrels.
    I have several thousand rounds thru my Checkmate and never noticed it was an issue, or that the gun didn't function 100%. I am pretty meticulous with examining stuff when I clean them and have noticed any odd wear patterns of any parts on mine. The Checkmate has never had a hiccup though and has been flawless, not to mention crazy accurate!

###
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by aragorn1; 03-17-2016 at 03:49 PM.
    The Liberal Party believes that terrorists should get to keep their Canadian citizenship ... "because I do,”.... Trudeau

Quote Originally Posted by keitha View Post
    Hey Please remove the slide and take a picture of the underside of the slide with the barrel and guide rod all in tact. There is an issue with the new barrel design where the guide rod does not sit in the correct location on the barrel which causes a little bit of play when the slide is forward and may not go completely into battery. This also causes the guide rod to not sit properly in the frame. I have seen this myself on the CZechmate with the new barrel design and CZ had acknowledged this is a problem and the solution is to mill a little material off the barrel. I really hope all these Oranges don't have that same issue but I am under the impression this was just discovered a couple days ago.
    Here is a picture of mine. It has the issue you were talking about. I still think this is an awesome gun and defiantly would have still got it even if I new about this.

It stays straight after you put it back together so I don't see how it's a big issue.

###
    Last edited by aragorn1; 03-17-2016 at 03:48 PM.
    The Liberal Party believes that terrorists should get to keep their Canadian citizenship ... "because I do,”.... Trudeau

For the first time ever I find myself wanting a CZ.
    Follow through isn't just a shooting fundamental, it's a life skill.

i have a shadow, how long is that barrel? This is looking like a step up.

PS where can I get a threaded barrel here?