Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: CZ 75 TS Orange

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Callahan View Post
    OK, I've took some clean pics of the guide rod/bottom barrel lug of both my SP-01 Shadowmate & TS Orange (both in 9mm) and the guide rod groove on the TS is way higher (like it's meant to just barely "sit" on the lug when compressed Vs. fully seated and flush in the Shadow. All TS are made this way since they had the newly design barrel.

First 5 pics of the TS Orange guide rod assy. and bottom lug groove followed by 3 pics of the Shadowmate's (for those wondering, the Shadowmate's slide is soaking wet from gun cleaner):

The Shadowmate:

My normal TS (not the Orange) guide rod/barrel looks the exact same as your pictures as well as my shadow to your shadow mate pictures. My TS shoots like a friken laser gun and it being tilted like it is doesn't seem to affect the function or accuracy of the pistol and it isn't showing any excessive wear. I only have about 1500 through it, may change when the gun is worn in a little more. I personally don't think it's going to be a problem with the Orange.

CGN Regular
    ddd
    Last edited by keitha; 03-21-2016 at 12:42 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Harry Callahan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keitha View Post
    It has to work with out the buffer because I don't use buffers. they cause malfunctions and the stroke of the slide shortens with them. I have 2 TS and never use buffers and have over 12000 rounds through them. I use them in competition and would never run a buffer in them and run the risk of the buffer causing a malfunction.
    You got that right, it should work just fine without a buffer. I personally change them as soon as they show any sign of wear or tear. No way I'll wait till it causes a malfunction. Buffers help reducing wear on slides, frames and barrel recoil lugs plus they reduce recoil a bit by absorbing a small percentage of it, they serve a purpose, you just need to replace them at steady intervals (just like any other springs/consumable parts in the gun).

"If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."

- Albert Einstein, Observer, Jan. 15, 1950

###
    Last edited by aragorn1; 03-17-2016 at 03:47 PM.
    The Liberal Party believes that terrorists should get to keep their Canadian citizenship ... "because I do,”.... Trudeau

BANNED
    tagged

Just got my TS Orange from another CGNer who bought it from Wolverine.

But for a "hand fitted" gun a little disappointed with the attention to detail. Obviously the thumb rest was not fitted properly.
    Overall the fit and finish is better than the shadows I've seen. Will provide a range report as soon as I'm able to.

Does anyone have the same issue where the thumb rest plate doesn't sit flush? The orginal owner was a lefty so he didn't touch the thumb rest.
    Last edited by Hrcboy; 02-11-2016 at 11:44 PM.

That is too bad, but should be an easy fix. Mine was fitted perfectly but would like option to remove it, without leaving the screw holes open to debris etc. Would like to be able to buy a flush cover plate.

Had to file the thumb rest plate down and bend it back. Such an easy fix wonder why it would leave the factory like that. Also one of my mags seem to have been crimped a bit higher that I can only get 9 rounds in. It's little things like this that drive me crazy!!! Try to force the last one in and the follower just gets stuck and all the ammo falls out. So I measured it and it is crimped 0.5cm higher than the rest of the mags.

I know it's just minor, but one would think for a hand fitted gun things would be better.

Looks like I got a Friday afternoon made pistol. Hopefully after a day at the range it will shoot like a laser and make me look past the sub-par feelings I have towards CZ right now. My first CZ is not off to a good start right now.

Good mag (10rounds)

Bad mag: (9rounds)
    Last edited by Hrcboy; 02-12-2016 at 01:28 AM.

CGN Regular
    ddd
    Last edited by keitha; 03-21-2016 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Callahan View Post
    All TS (Orange or Czechmate) have it. It doesn't affect reliability or function tho, the slide goes into battery even if the recoil spring guide doesn't sit completely on the bottom lug.
    HC is correct, don't mill it! It works fine, it goes into battery.