Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: CZ 75 TS Orange

Following with interest. Just bought an Orange hope they are not Lemons. . But not worried since the orginal purchase was made with Wolverine and they stand behind the products they sell.

I am waiting on a .40 version, I contacted Wolverine today and waiting for a update. I will post as soon as I hear from them.

CGN Regular
    ddd
    Last edited by keitha; 03-21-2016 at 12:42 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Harry Callahan's Avatar
    OK, I've took some clean pics of the guide rod/bottom barrel lug of both my SP-01 Shadowmate & TS Orange (both in 9mm) and the guide rod groove on the TS is way higher (like it's meant to just barely "sit" on the lug when compressed Vs. fully seated and flush in the Shadow. All TS are made this way since they had the newly design barrel.

First 5 pics of the TS Orange guide rod assy. and bottom lug groove followed by 3 pics of the Shadowmate's (for those wondering, the Shadowmate's slide is soaking wet from gun cleaner):

The Shadowmate:

"If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."

- Albert Einstein, Observer, Jan. 15, 1950

###
    Last edited by aragorn1; 03-17-2016 at 03:47 PM.
    The Liberal Party believes that terrorists should get to keep their Canadian citizenship ... "because I do,”.... Trudeau

Did you take it to the range yet? Curious to hear how it performed.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Callahan View Post
    OK, I've took some clean pics of the guide rod/bottom barrel lug of both my SP-01 Shadowmate & TS Orange (both in 9mm) and the guide rod groove on the TS is way higher (like it's meant to just barely "sit" on the lug when compressed Vs. fully seated and flush in the Shadow. All TS are made this way since they had the newly design barrel.

First 5 pics of the TS Orange guide rod assy. and bottom lug groove followed by 3 pics of the Shadowmate's (for those wondering, the Shadowmate's slide is soaking wet from gun cleaner):

The Shadowmate:

Did you take it to the range yet? Curious to hear about performance. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by aragorn1 View Post
    So in your opinion "harry", the "new" barrel and guide rod are "normal" and Ok? Not challenging you..... picking your brain.
    If so, it doesn't make sense to me because the centre of the guide rod should be aligned horizontally so that the force is transmitted to the barrel, if its not aligned horizontally it would cause the guide rod to tilt at the front when under pressure. Not a scientist but balance and alignment are important here. I believe that if it weren't for the plastic buffer, the guide rod would fall off the barrel during use and gun would become inoperable. I say that because the amount of guide rod resting on the barrel is less than the height of the buffer, no buffer, guide rod drops off barrel. If CZ , Wolverine and the CZ warranty provider say its good to go I'll rest my case..... and then sell it. lol
    Pretty simple, no physics involved here. When you reassemble the pistol, it's pretty tightly fitted, the guide rod (with the buffer in place) compresses and "falls" into the lug groove then becoming aligned with the barrel. Does it rubs at the bottom of the barrel lug, sure (and maybe a tad more), just like my Shadowmate's guide rod does. And that one sits perfectly aligned horizontally when the slide is off the frame. The point is that you clearly see the marks the guide rod makes when the slide is in place simply because it "sits" on the bottom of the lug, and when it does, it functions just fine.

I didn't try without the buffer on and honestly don't know if it would function without it. I have some spares so why bother? There's a possibility that it was made to work with it, or not. If it absolutely need a buffer to function so be it, after all it came that way from factory and spares are available for a few bucks (not that bad if you can afford a $2k pistol IMHO).

"If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."

###
    Last edited by aragorn1; 03-17-2016 at 03:47 PM.
    The Liberal Party believes that terrorists should get to keep their Canadian citizenship ... "because I do,”.... Trudeau

Quote Originally Posted by P2bflip View Post
    Did you take it to the range yet? Curious to hear how it performed.
    Yeah did get a chance to throw some pills downrange and it's as accurate as my shadowmate, maybe a bit more but since I don't have the same experience with it it's only speculations. One things for sure, it's crazy fast. In term of speed, it will outshoot my mate's nearly 3 to 1 while keeping the same accuracy at 25 meters.