Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tokarev TT33 7.62x25 "clean" version - limited quantities available

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Hey North Sylvia, can you get any more of the polish model tt33 without the ungodly markings?

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    That is not cool, they will have to sell for a lot less! What with the ugly markings and sudden rise in x25 surplus! What about the polish versions, they are much nicer looking anyway as they are as new!?
    They will sell for more as surplus runs out. Buy them while you can, it is not an unlimited supply.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post
    They will sell for more as surplus runs out. Buy them while you can, it is not an unlimited supply.
    Do you think those hideously marked pistols will sell for more!?! The collect ability is mostly destroyed, they are refurb and the ammo is going way up! Like I said I think any polish ones still available will claim a good price and any Russian without the marks will hold their +- $200. Unless their ammo comes back down, the big draw was cheap gun,cheap ammo, and some cool history/collectability! I doubt it, but who knows.

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

another poke in the eye from the left.

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    They will sell for the same and the price will go up. It is surplus so there is no more. 6 years ago an all matching Lee Enfield would be around $500.00. Today any Full wood Lee enfield is over $500.00. The guns are not been made anymore but the number of new gun owners looking to buy surplus goes up.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Yes exactly, an unaltered lee was $500. These have been destroyed for what you are talking about, almost any lee can be brought back to a nice specimen. I guess if you want to get another slide for $100 plus you could bring them back, maybe you are right but I doubt it will happen in the next 10 years! Perhaps NS can get supplies of these from other countries, or ship slides out as parts to help bring them back! Why didn't they put the marks under the grips, the SKS is mostly hidden and Mosin too! The markings that are not, don't look that bad!

CGN frequent flyer midnightpossum's Avatar
    Sure these are inexpensive surplus pistols… I just don't understand why they have to butcher it… anybody buying one knows what they are buying… who benefits from marking them this way.

Does this mean Trudeau is going to get tattooed across his forehead?
    No retreat,No surrender

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightpossum View Post
    Sure these are inexpensive surplus pistols… I just don't understand why they have to butcher it… anybody buying one knows what they are buying… who benefits from marking them this way.
    I think it is a way of kinda getting around the selling of surplus arms, by remodelling them into sport versions by labelling them as such! Same as the Mosin and SKS, the problem here is how they did it" it's like the frankenpinned SKS way back when. I think they will come up with a solution, the smaller lower marks by the grip aren't too bad but the giant ugly tt-c and 7.62x25 stuff ruins the nice clean lines that the tok had!

CGN frequent flyer midnightpossum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    I think it is a way of kinda getting around the selling of surplus arms, by remodelling them into sport versions by labelling them as such! Same as the Mosin and SKS, the problem here is how they did it" it's like the frankenpinned SKS way back when. I think they will come up with a solution, the smaller lower marks by the grip aren't too bad but the giant ugly tt-c and 7.62x25 stuff ruins the nice clean lines that the tok had!

Why is selling surplus firearms an issue.. a peach is a peach, an apple is an apple… didn't know there was an issue with surplus .. outdated firearms… unless they are trying to kill the collector value of it deliberately .

The sad thing is, the guys who enjoy surplus firearms are kinda getting shafted… A huge part of enjoying surplus is vintage & original.
    Last edited by midnightpossum; 02-03-2016 at 07:47 PM.
    No retreat,No surrender

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightpossum View Post
    Why is selling surplus firearms an issue.. a peach is a peach, an apple is an apple… didn't know there was an issue with surplus .. outdated firearms… unless they are trying to kill the collector value of it deliberately .

The sad thing is, the guys who enjoy surplus firearms are kinda getting shafted… A huge part of enjoying surplus is vintage & original.
    Yes part of some arms treaty BS! It's not the importer, it is done at source I think, hopefully, North Sylva and other importers can get them to change how these are labeled.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast