Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Marstar where is my m305 hand guard huh?

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    Did you bother to call us, its toll free, rather you chose to go to a public forum, I'm certain all the experts here will chime in to ##### all about the losy service at Marstar.
    John
    I called after 5 mins when I opened it up the guy said "It is impossible bla bla bla" OK what do you want me to do, I can't show him the rifle over the phone can't I? If you guys don't believe me that's fine.

"Giveth thine possessions upon Michael of Canmore and thou shalt never be possessionless." - Norc 3:05

CGN frequent flyer
    here we go again .. how does it get shipped like that?

I like Marstar ... John is like a Canadian James Yeager.

Quote Originally Posted by OkayShooter View Post
    Ugggh the generation where people are afraid to pick up a phone and solve issues without going online and sounding like spoiled kids.

John for president.
    Juggle his balls a little more why don't ya lol. OP did phone. And email etc before this.

BANNED
    OP, I can understand your frustration, you did the right thing by calling first, then follow up with an e-mail. When you came back, you e-mailed again for a follow-up, again excellent.......but I probably would have called one more time before posting here. A lot of these mom and pop shops aren't up to speed with e-mail and e-commerce, I probably would have given them one more chance with the phone and asked what the hold up was and if the result was still unsatisfactory, I would definitely have posted here.

After working retail and customer service for 15 years (thank god I'm not doing that anymore), I am of the personal opinion that the "customer is always right" is a huge steaming pile of BS. That being said, I think johntwo did what was best for the business (Marstar): Put out the fire, ignore the negative comments and move on. This is a text-book response to a distressed/difficult client:

Quote Originally Posted by johntwo View Post
    Markzdb

I will send your hand-guard out today

sorry for the confusion

next time just give us a call, we could have resolved this a lot quicker
    These comments on the other hand.....well, not so much, lol!

NO KIDDING
    John
    Did you bother to call us, its toll free, rather you chose to go to a public forum, I'm certain all the experts here will chime in to ##### all about the losy service at Marstar.
    John
    A man who understands....
    John
    We screwed up, all you had to do is call back, it is FREE....
    John
    Here we go, another unqualified, unsubstantiated, statement.... How about it your order number etc ??

John
    Ladies and gentlemen, the dumb statement of the week goes to ....
    John
    ARE you for real ??
    John
    DID it come from us ? Did you request it be changed if it did ? Or did you keep it for bitching rights ?
    John
    It is interesting how one becomes an expert wiout personal knowledge....
    John
    Thank you for the support. It is interesting to note , that although your experience is typical of our customer service, very few people, like yourself, take the time to inform others of the resolution of their complaint....
    Much more fun to simply ##### and complain.
    Your support is appreciated
    John
    I don't mind being yelled at, but at least learn to spell the word "business"
    You do prove my point, no personal knowledge, no personal experience with us, but you do have an expert opinion.
    Am I an idiot, well after 32 years in this business even I have to wonder.
    Now take a deep breath, a Valium or or two, relax, it is a nice place you are in
    John
    Far too simple, radical....
    John
    johnone, I'm guessing you're the owner of Marstar? You're probably an excellent businessman, I've seen that Marstar has been around for a while so you must be doing something right, but just stay in the background and stay off the interwebz, haha! It's like watching two neighbors who had their fence vandalized with graffiti. One neighbor chooses to paint over the mess quietly, the other neighbor is standing in the middle of the street yelling at the culprit who's long gone.

But it's your business, your dealer forum, therefore your playground. Perhaps your staff are hesitant to tell you themselves, but your behavior online will eventually effect sales in this day and age....and for God's sakes, there's no need to bold every single letter in your post, lol!

John
    If you bothered to read his original post you would see that the first thing he did was call marstar.... Only to be told he was a liar...
    At this point he emailed pictures as proof and did not recieve a response. Then he emailed again to follow up.
    The customer did his part to try to resolve this issue privately.

The failings of your team led to this. Don't try to blame the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Donut View Post
    OP, I can understand your frustration, you did the right thing by calling first, then follow up with an e-mail. When you came back, you e-mailed again for a follow-up, again excellent.......but I probably would have called one more time before posting here. A lot of these mom and pop shops aren't up to speed with e-mail and e-commerce, I probably would have given them one more chance with the phone and asked what the hold up was and if the result was still unsatisfactory, I would definitely have posted here.

After working retail and customer service for 15 years (thank god I'm not doing that anymore), I am of the personal opinion that the "customer is always right" is a huge steaming pile of BS. That being said, I think johntwo did what was best for the business (Marstar): Put out the fire, ignore the negative comments and move on. This is a text-book response to a distressed/difficult client:

These comments on the other hand.....well, not so much, lol!

johnone, I'm guessing you're the owner of Marstar? You're probably an excellent businessman, I've seen that Marstar has been around for a while so you must be doing something right, but just stay in the background and stay off the interwebz, haha! It's like watching two neighbors who had their fence vandalized with graffiti. One neighbor chooses to paint over the mess quietly, the other neighbor is standing in the middle of the street yelling at the culprit who's long gone.

But it's your business, your dealer forum, therefore your playground. Perhaps your staff are hesitant to tell you themselves, but your behavior online will eventually effect sales in this day and age....and for God's sakes, there's no need to bold every single letter in your post, lol!
    Yes I did order some guns from mom and pop shops like P & G GUNS I know how they run their business so far no problem. This post is not about THE handguard, no big deal and I don't really care, I can go buy a USGI handguard and paint it to black if I want to, it is about how they treated me at the first time when I called them. That really set me off, this is the reason why I don't want to deal with them over the phone AGAIN. Anyways thanks for your comment.

CGN frequent flyer
    Op is in the right here, he called, emailed and followed up again.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Petrock's Avatar
    Marstar has always been very helpfull with anything and everything I've ordered. I don't understand how people can get on this site and complain about a dealer, that does their very best to ensure the Canadian shooting community has access to things that the politicians are doing their best to deny us.
    Doesn't matter, anymore. We're only good for filling sandbags for floods and saving people during winter storms. Other-wise we're kicking posts and crazies who are over worked, over taxed, underpaid and never truly appreciated.