Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transport of restricted to friends house for upgrades?

step 1) Meet at gun range
    step 2) Lend your friend the firearm (with certificate)
    step 3) Meet at your friend's house, have some beers and pizza, work on the gun, and rejoice in a job well done.

Maybe I'm off here, but on initial reading... what about him coming to your house to pick up the gun and certificate?

It's a loan, that's legal, and this would be covered under condition #6: Transportation of newly acquired restricted firearms and/or prohibited firearms from the place of acquisition to the licence holder's dwelling house or other place authorized by the CFO.

Source: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/n...015-09-eng.htm

If so, then by that interpretation, you should be able to ale it (& the cert) home with you after the work is complete.

I don't think that breaks any laws.
    "If you don't believe your country should come before yourself, you can better serve your country by living somewhere else." -Stompin Tom Connors

Hard times create strong men; Strong men create good times; Good times create weak men; Weak men create hard times. Steady up...

Quote Originally Posted by ryukin81 View Post
    hmm that's what i was afraid of. guess i might as well take it to the gun smith as the price of the barrel wrench and vise blocks equal to the labor cost.
    Loan it to him. Apply for a STATT to transport it to his home.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/f...n-cess-eng.htm
    Last edited by pflwarrior; 02-04-2016 at 09:25 PM.

Sorry guys. Didnt realize i left out important info. Friend does not have Pal or Rpal. Just a handy friend with lots of tools. His vise is not portable either. I appreciate everyones input. Upon watching a vid of gas block removal and install requiring proper lining up or one can get over gas/under gas, think ill leave it to the pros.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ipscgraz's Avatar
    On a reasonably direct route with the wipers on.
    Tinkering is one of the fun parts of being a shooter. Also one of the best ways to really understand your gun. Try to get the STATT.
    A demand for further gun laws is an admission that the hundreds of gun laws already on the books, and the Firearms Act itself, is simply to placate the uninformed.

“The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." Tacitus

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12