Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ammo shipping.

Recently had some dealings with Canpar. Long story short....i cannot beleive these people are still in business. MAYBE the worst business i have ever dealt with. Spoke with warehouse guys when i went in to pick up my package. They get it.....hear it regularly....and advise that head office is in transitiin and doesnt care.

CGN frequent flyer Prairie Plinker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    We will not use CanPar until their service improves. That can't track a package to save their lives, they loose parcels, they tell us incorrect info which we pass on to out customers in good faith and then we look bad. If some one insisted on CanPar, and they may not even collect from us now, I would have to disclaim all responsibility and I do not like operating like that.
    Yes they do need to improve their service a lot. I ordered some stuff from a different CGN vendor on Boxing Day, long story short, the company that sold me the products have been excellent so far, but my first phone exchange with CanPar's international number had me talk to someone who sounded like they wanted to help, only to never hear from them again. I went to the local pick-up point, a Loomis terminal, and had 3 people searching for my parcel for 20 minutes. They couldn't find it and contacted the driver. Someone phoned me the next day who had such a heavy accent I could not understand what he was saying. I phoned back the company who sold me the goods and told them the story, and now I'm waiting as Canpar has put a "trace" on my package...... which means it's gone.

Here is the kicker. When I was at the Loomis terminal I discovered the reason I never had an attempted delivery notice or any contact at all is the driver stated that "The destination is inaccessible." I live 15 minutes outside of Saskatoon, with pavement or concrete to my front door. This has been one of the mildest winters in recent history and there has not been a day where there was too much snow to make the drive, the driver just decided instead of making the delivery to stop and have a nap. That's my guess...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    I must be lucky. I've had several cases of ammo shipped Canpar to me here in NB from CGN vendors both in Alberta and BC. It has always arrived intact and either on time or early. I will admit their tracking isn't the best ( updates are few and far between compared to UPS)
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

Never had trouble with Canpar..only had a handful of transactions however.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer skneub's Avatar
    Was Tween Digby and Yarmouth .....Escaped back home to Alberta :-)
    We will not use CanPar until their service improves. That can't track a package to save their lives, they loose parcels, they tell us incorrect info which we pass on to out customers in good faith and then we look bad. If some one insisted on CanPar, and they may not even collect from us now, I would have to disclaim all responsibility and I do not like operating like that.

funny , I have never had a problem with CanPar , and plenty of my stuff has been shipped to me with them

CGN Ultra frequent flyer guess_kto's Avatar
    What did you do to piss CanPar off? There are like specializing on shipping ammo for $20 a case around the country.
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes." - Thomas Jefferson, 1775.

AMEN!!! Glad to see a major player stepping up and holding Canpar accountable for their service. Thank-You!! I had ammo from a private deal that took 6 months to find my door, totally unacceptable.

Wonder how youll feel when they loose your stuff then remain absolutly uncommunicative when you attempt to find out whats going on. Defines frustration.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12