Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ammo shipping.

Ammo shipping.

Ammo shipping.

We have been working hard to make our ammunition shipping rates more competitive, we are pleased to announce that we have met with some success.

Firstly the $44 Dangerous Goods charge is not payable on all shipments, it depends on the inner packaging. We only charge the when we have to, it is not a blanket charge. We are working on our web page so that we will be able to check a box against each skew to indicate when this is applicable.

The UPS automatic shipping calculator which is on our web page is very accurate but their rates are high.

To add an automatic Purolator shipping calculator to our web site is expect to cost us $7,000.00, I am not prepared to spend that at that at this time.

Please don’t hesitate to contact our sales dept. if you think your shipping rate is incorrect we will always try to obtain you the best quote.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer skneub's Avatar
    Was Tween Digby and Yarmouth .....Escaped back home to Alberta :-)
    good deal man :-)
    I wish I had not just lost my job (Alberta ndp did it )

You guys are great to deal with and have decent price

CGN frequent flyer midnightpossum's Avatar
    WOW $7000 thats ridiculous
    No retreat,No surrender

CGN Regular
    Keep fighting, we Appreciate it!

Not looking at CanPar? I know their tracking isn't the best, but the costs are much more reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by madcow View Post
    Not looking at CanPar? I know their tracking isn't the best, but the costs are much more reasonable.
    We will not use CanPar until their service improves. That can't track a package to save their lives, they loose parcels, they tell us incorrect info which we pass on to out customers in good faith and then we look bad. If some one insisted on CanPar, and they may not even collect from us now, I would have to disclaim all responsibility and I do not like operating like that.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    We will not use CanPar until their service improves. That can't track a package to save their lives, they loose parcels, they tell us incorrect info which we pass on to out customers in good faith and then we look bad. If some one insisted on CanPar, and they may not even collect from us now, I would have to disclaim all responsibility and I do not like operating like that.

Does this happen to major Metro areas?? I haven't heard anybody having issues with them around me or issues with tracking. Maybe this happens to rural locations?

Quote Originally Posted by Pellel2 View Post
    Does this happen to major Metro areas?? I haven't heard anybody having issues with them around me or issues with tracking. Maybe this happens to rural locations?
    I accept that the level of service experienced is often due to the caliber of the people in your area and can vary from area to area and courier to courier, but generally speaking CanPar is at the low end.

Canada post really needs to start shipping ammo. If I miss a canpar shipment I have a half an hour window at 7:30 in the morning on a weekday to pick it up. And I live in a capital city. Ridiculous.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pellel2 View Post
    18 days to get a case of 9mm 3 hours east of here. That is just one example.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast