Thread: Beetle Outdoor Supply

Beetle Outdoor Supply

Just wanted to put it out there that Rich from Beetle Outdoor Supply, located in Barrie ON, is a great guy to deal with. He went above and beyond to help me in my search for the right gear. He charges reasonable rates, has a great selection of gear, and gets it delivered quickly. Thanks again Rich. I'm sure we'll be doing business again soon!

BANNED
    What did you buy?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .30/06 FTW's Avatar
    My one purchase from him was very good.
    "Instead of 'sewer,' I propose 'Trudeau.' Both terms describe massive deposits of human filth, and no person who knows what these terms describe would ever want to live under either one." ~Doc M
    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt545
    I just took an assault poop as well. I know it was an assault poop because I "sprayed from the hip".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    Ive never heard of the place, but will be sure to drop in one day, as I'm always in the area. Good to hear that he looks after his customers.

Keep forgetting about Beetle but the few buys i did make there were perfect.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tfs967 View Post
    Just wanted to put it out there that Rich from Beetle Outdoor Supply, located in Barrie ON, is a great guy to deal with. He went above and beyond to help me in my search for the right gear. He charges reasonable rates, has a great selection of gear, and gets it delivered quickly. Thanks again Rich. I'm sure we'll be doing business again soon!
    Thanks for the positive words! I had to lock up the webpage for a couple weeks as I made some changes to our product lineups and transitioned into a new full time day job. I appreciate all the regular customer support over the past couple weeks and moving forward as answering emails and calls through the day will be limited to working outside normal business hours. This might sound bad at first, but its actually good news as I can now support my family outside of the business, so it will grow faster and be able to bring in cooler more expensive gear now!
    As for the duracoat questions, I'm not sure who the new exclusive distributor is going to be. It looks like I may be able to order my paint direct for refinishing, but not for resale...but its a legal grey area that is being explored. As such I've pulled the products off the webpage. As such, the new distributor probably has no idea what to order. If people want to post their wish list here, that's fine, then maybe they can use this list to go by. So far I've turned down sales on the following:
    Lots of Durablue DuraBlack
    Lots of Durablue Blue/Black
    Several Coyote Tan kits and paint
    Magpul FDE Kits
    Flat Black kits and paint
    Tactical Flat Black kits and paint
    around 4K in custom colors for the federal govt

I did notice its available on Amazon.ca for about double US retail but I don't think this is their new distributor, Id remind people that its a good idea to purchase from a reputable retailer as it does have a 6 month shelf life so purchasing old stock is not a good idea. You can usually tell the age of the paint as the hardner goes solid at about the 6 month point, or faster if its not stored properly.

Hey, Rich!,

I was lucky then to put my order for Duracoat in before everything went south for B.O.S.. As far as service, I truly believe that Rich goes way above and beyond to help hisr customers, even if at the end, we save time, energy and money and he might loose a little $$$. He want's us to be happy with our purchases.

Just wanted to know if you still have the brick and mortar store? Please PM me with the information as I expect to be in Barrie around April 1st (No it is not an April Fools joke!). Would really want to shake your hand and say thank you in person!

aldman

Expired Business Member
    Hi Aldman
    Thanks for the kind words! Unfortunately we do not have a brick and mortar store, even more so because of our liberal government and all their insane regulations its too expensive for us to even consider a retail store at this time. When you consider all the accessibility and wsib insurance costs associated with hiring additional employee's I really don't see how its possible to hire anyone who's not family so we're confined to internet sales only...I really have to give credit to the small and medium sized retailers that are out there as setting up any sort of business in Ontario is an uphill battle unless you have a half dozen of your own children to help you run things (which we dont...our children have 4 legs)

Quote Originally Posted by aldman View Post
    Hey, Rich!,

I was lucky then to put my order for Duracoat in before everything went south for B.O.S.. As far as service, I truly believe that Rich goes way above and beyond to help hisr customers, even if at the end, we save time, energy and money and he might loose a little $$$. He want's us to be happy with our purchases.

Just wanted to know if you still have the brick and mortar store? Please PM me with the information as I expect to be in Barrie around April 1st (No it is not an April Fools joke!). Would really want to shake your hand and say thank you in person!

aldman