Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recent ex cause pal problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    With a user name like tough_mama I wouldn't be so quick to jump to the conclusion it is a guy...

Regardless, unless your ex is super-douchey you should be fine. The RCMP will call them to let them know you are applying for a firearms license, and as long as they dont say something like you are a drug dealer, have a drinking problem, or are suicidal, it shouldn't be an issue.
    Yes conclusion jumping is dangerous. I am in fact a lady. He doesn't have any taste for guns. Should have been a sign lol.

He can be a super douche sometimes, but I have zero history of violence towards him or otherwise. And never been one for illegal activity or suicidal thoughts. So I should be good. Hopefully it turns out to be just a time thing.

I'm assuming this is one of the reasons they also ask for references?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tough_mama View Post
    Yes conclusion jumping is dangerous. I am in fact a lady. He doesn't have any taste for guns. Should have been a sign lol.

He can be a super douche sometimes, but I have zero history of violence towards him or otherwise. And never been one for illegal activity or suicidal thoughts. So I should be good. Hopefully it turns out to be just a time thing.

I'm assuming this is one of the reasons they also ask for references?
    Yeah I wouldn't be concerned. They are just looking for ex's who are legitimately concerned about their own safety (or yours) not vindictive douches who are trying to ruin your life. Good chance this doesn't delay anything at all.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Perfect. Thanks for all the help

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Magellann View Post
    What ex, your just a happy single guy.....
    So many women, so little time...
    Tight Groups,
    Rob
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

Be straight up with them, give them ALL the info they ask for , names, phone numbers, address and you will be just fine. I don't know how long it will take to process your PAL, but it WILL happen. Also if you have girlfriends who might like to try the shooting sports please get them out, we need all the female ambassadors we can get!
    Good luck, shoot safely.
    RGH

As long as you're clean, nothing on file, you will fly through. Were you a member of the opposite gender, things would be a little slower
    COGITO SUMERE POTUM ALTERUM
    Those that fear firearms are intimidated by the lack of knowledge

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Outcast's Avatar
    One stop from 100 acres with a house in the middle
    Regardless of what some post here, you have to make a declaration on your PAL application. Read the last paragraph carefully. There are worse things than being denied.... Just saying.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12