Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9111213141516171819

Thread: Type 81

CGN frequent flyer Familygunnutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    I actually sold it last year.
    Too pricey and wasn't blown away with the accuracy even by semi auto gas gun designs compared to other offerings with similar results.
    Good design but not for me after trying it for a while.
    People will do the same with T81, if it is indeed a over priced "AK wannabe" pos, people will sell it off, you can then tell them "I told you so"
    Last edited by Familygunnutz; 02-09-2016 at 01:46 PM.
    Get some!!! ^^

CGN frequent flyer Familygunnutz's Avatar
    Last edited by Familygunnutz; 02-09-2016 at 02:16 PM.
    Get some!!! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    I'm just assuming based on what one dealer was quoted as saying around the $800 (I'm guessing a bit higher) mark so after taxes and shipping etc...
    The only thing that would really blow my mind and make me crack my wallet for this one is if it somehow is more accurate than my old Russian SKS. I'll be waiting for pictures of groups. Who knows maybe it will do 2 MOA consistent or thereabouts with surp ammo...
    And fair enough, the SKS barrel is around 21" I believe so with a purpose built NR barrel, the T81 should shave off around 2.5" of barrel length.
    So you guys are basically going after each other over matters of taste? Personal preferences? Subjectively important criteria for a specific end-user?

I have a shooter SKS, a 1950 unrefurb'd collector, and I'd like a Type81 as long as the price is acceptable to ME. I don't care about accuracy that much or sweet triggers or 10 round mags. I just love Commie guns. It's not like I'm hunting or competing with it. I don't hunt, and my tarted-up AR and IPSC pistol are for competing. But if accuracy (or something like that) is a priority for you then I get Travis' perspective on cost/quality/capacities vis-a-vis other platforms like the SKS.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

I want one. I am interested to see what optic mount options will be available. Is the dust cover stable enough to support an optic, or would it have to be mounted on the rear sight block somehow?
    Club Member: FRPC, CFB Kingston Gun Club. Director, Project Mapleseed.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Familygunnutz View Post
    Lol

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    The Bickersons can start a new thread of their own