Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Black Hills Ammunition at AmmoSupply.ca

Can you make sure you have Black Hills Ammunition 9mm Luger +P 124 Grain Jacketed Hollow Point in stock?

Expired Business Member
    Big thanks for confirming this. The 223 Rem *is* in 50 rd boxes. Sorry for giving you all a heart attack - just checking you were awake It's now updated on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostie View Post
    I would suspect very strongly that the .223 boxes are all 50 rounds. They have this stuff at a few other Canadian stores (and more and more dealers will be stocking it soon, I think). I just bought some recently at a local dealer. They had both the 36 gr. "varmint grenade" and the 55 gr. FMJ, and I think the 55 gr. SP as well. The prices at that store were all a little higher, but the boxes are 50 rounds.

If you adjust per round .223 prices to 50 rounds instead of 20 rounds, it puts your pricing right where one would expect, and actually a little less than what other Canadian dealers are selling it for (which makes sense as a non bricks and mortar). At 20 round boxes (which I don't think BH even makes) the pricing would be out to lunch.... cheaper to buy match grade .308!! No, BH sells 50 round boxes of .223. Look at my photo.

For people that want 9mm or .223 FMJ that competes with American Eagle and Chinese and Russian junk on price, you are playing in the wrong league. This is a premium ammo maker. No matter what kind of bullets they load them with, you have to compare these rounds with the other premium brands: Golden Sabre (Remmington), Gold Dot (Speer), Hydra-Shock (Federal), Ranger (Winchester), etc.
    Last edited by AmmoSupply Kate; 02-05-2016 at 10:27 AM.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMate View Post
    Can you make sure you have Black Hills Ammunition 9mm Luger +P 124 Grain Jacketed Hollow Point in stock?
    We will see what we can do!

I had a big shock at the Black Hills prices but suspected that the round count per box was incorrect.

Looking to try out the Black Hills 223 with varmint grenade for gophers this summer. If the first box shoots tight groups then I may have to buy in bulk

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by oddball_ted View Post
    OMG I laughed when I saw the prices for 223. Sorry Kate. .. but the prices are so high it's almost hysterical
    I haven't seen the price list but can say that while Black Hills is very good ammunition and their people are excellent, they are a production/custom loader and do not pretend to compete with the bigger US loaders. They also don't run scamp machines like Lake City, that will pour out 1,000,000 rds before they realize a mistake is made or put their rejected ammo into white boxes as Fed & Win and others do form time to time, or have their penetrators in sideways as SNC used to do before DND came up and slapped their wrists from time to time. So, yes you do get what you pay for. Hysterical? Ask your doctor to adjust your medication

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lapua001 View Post
    I haven't seen the price list but can say that while Black Hills is very good ammunition and their people are excellent, they are a production/custom loader and do not pretend to compete with the bigger US loaders. They also don't run scamp machines like Lake City, that will pour out 1,000,000 rds before they realize a mistake is made or put their rejected ammo into white boxes as Fed & Win and others do form time to time, or have their penetrators in sideways as SNC used to do before DND came up and slapped their wrists from time to time. So, yes you do get what you pay for. Hysterical? Ask your doctor to adjust your medication
    It was originally listed as 79.96 or something for 20 rounds and that is what the OP was referring to. It was an ERROR and it is now adjusted to show that it is for 50 rounds.

Wow, has that B.H. ammo gone up in price!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer PitBull1973's Avatar
    Kate no idea if and when you might be getting some heavier loads in 223.
    Thanks
    http://oneclearvoice.ca/

CGN Regular
    Well done Kate! Price for 45 Colt is cheaper than I've seen elsewhere! Next I suggest Buffalo Bore! ( yes I know that probably won't happen )
    And the bow shall be in the cloud, and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that (is) upon the earth. Genesis 9:16

I'm glad to see some Black Hill ammo !!

Do you think that you'll be able to stock some 5.56mm NATO 77gr OTM (Mk 262) and the 5.56mm NATo 77gr TMK ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast