Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 911121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Type 81 is approved!!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    SWEET!!!!!!
    No more playing DRESS UP with my Vz's now
    Why? You will now play dress up with your type 81 instead???

Haha just teasing

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mobusten View Post
    I can't say I've read this whole thread, but from what I have read. Why would this cost $2000 and why would you pay that much for it? I'd love one of these, but if Norinco can manufacture and sell AR15's for $600 it should be able to do these for the same price or less. And having them design and build crap like rails and bipod mounts and things.. That's going to spike the price. Just leave them classic, with an NR option preferably. From a quick google search the normal barrel is only about 1 inch shorter than required. That shouldn't be a problem. Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse or have wrong info, but I don't have the energy to read the entire thread.
    Very true! How hype am I about this rifle? Very! How hype am I at 1500-1600$ plus; Not at all. I also see no reason this should be more expensive then a a cz 858 ( circa 2012) nork ar or nork m305 territory ( maybe a ciuple tomatoes more then the m305)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    Why? You will now play dress up with your type 81 instead???

Haha just teasing
    Lol, true that!!!
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCanAm View Post
    Exactly! I can't imagine these could beat the function and reliability of the CZ 858.

Besides it looking like an AK, what is the appeal??? Please explain.
    I would say an 858 looks more like an AK with the shorter receiver putting the mag closer to the trigger guard. Anyway, there's no doubt the CZ 858 is a great rifle. The type 81 operates more like an AK than an 858, field strips more like AK, but isn't an AK, so if it's well-made, it should hopefully have the reliability of an AK which is widely accepted as being very good, also I hear rumors it takes AK mags, only while sacrificing the bolt hold open feature...single spring for the bolt and carrier, and a swinging hammer...what's not to love? it's kind of like that thing we can't have! ;P

So you are saying I gotta go to a Chinese prison to try one out. Never been to prison, but theirs sounds fun!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cranswick View Post
    I would say an 858 looks more like an AK with the shorter receiver putting the mag closer to the trigger guard. Anyway, there's no doubt the CZ 858 is a great rifle. The type 81 operates more like an AK than an 858, field strips more like AK, but isn't an AK, so if it's well-made, it should hopefully have the reliability of an AK which is widely accepted as being very good, also I hear rumors it takes AK mags, only while sacrificing the bolt hold open feature...single spring for the bolt and carrier, and a swinging hammer...what's not to love? it's kind of like that thing we can't have! ;P
    Ok. Good explanation

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Did I say ass load? No. I simply refuted your assertion that the only thing the US has AK wise in quantity is Romanian parts kits, which is BS.

I just did a search for "Chinese ak" on GB, and 13 semi auto versions popped up, all legit, complete, matching Chinese AK. That is more Chinese AK than AR180b, Robinson Arms M96, and even Romanian SKS available on GB right now. Actually, there are more Chinese AK on GB right now than Valmet M78. All of which by your assessment should be more common, given that the US only has Romanian parts kit AKs available.

And then there are the Russian VEPRs that are available.

And the Saiga brand guns.

And the Egyptian parts kits.

And the Yugo parts kits.

And the Valmets.

And the Galil parts kits.

And so on, and so on. Hey, you should really go check out the DDI stuff, you know, Destructive Devices Industries line of guns. Fantastic, brand new AKs. "All our firearms are built in house utilizing our own receivers, scope rails and FCG retainer plates. Our barrels are made to our exacting specifications by Green Mountain...." And that is just one US company making brand new from the ground up AKs...

Or the Kalashnikov licenced versions over at Kalashnikov USA.

Even Century Arms is making 100% American made, American parts, AKs. Not kit builds.

But hey, what do I know.

Nowhere in my post did I say that they "only" get the parts kit AKs. When someone says: "Here in the US we get the real AKs" that implies that there is a steady and reasonably priced REAL AKs available to them.

Now let's examine 2 things: A) Price:

Since you did a search on GB why don't you tell us how much a Norinco AK was being sold for? 2? 3? 4 thousand dollars?

The average cost of manufacturing an AK in about $500 dollars the last time I checked with it being around $200 dollars in China. So why is that they are being sold at nearly 20 times the price on the US market? Because the supply is very limited and not flowing and the demand is very high. If these so called real AKs are so good then why are people willing to pay so much for the China crap?

B) Real AK:

Before I go on about this, here is something to enlighten you: Kalashnikov Concern (you know the real Kalashnikov formerly known as Izhmash) has stated numerous times that the Kalashnikov USA is neither licensed or linked to them and should the embargoes ever be lifted they will seek to resolve the trademark issue. Kalashnikov USA was simply a distributor for Kalashnikov Concern before the ban and are now basically stealing the name and making unlicensed AKs. For more information you can read this: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...our-questions/

Kalashnikov only licensed a hand full of Eastern Block countries to produce AKs, among which were Poland, Hungary, DDR and maybe Bulgaria if my memory serves me right. And as such, as far as I am concerned, everything else is simply not a real AK. Not even the Chinese AKs that regarded to, by many US AK enthusiast, as one of the higher quality AKs.
    Follow through isn't just a shooting fundamental, it's a life skill.

CGN frequent flyer Familygunnutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    Very true! How hype am I about this rifle? Very! How hype am I at 1500-1600$ plus; Not at all. I also see no reason this should be more expensive then a a cz 858 ( circa 2012) nork ar or nork m305 territory ( maybe a ciuple tomatoes more then the m305)
    I think the dealers know this will directly compete with VZ/CSA, if they want to sell many like they did with the VZs, they need to keep it under 1k.
    Get some!!! ^^

CGN frequent flyer Familygunnutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsum O View Post
    So you are saying I gotta go to a Chinese prison to try one out. Never been to prison, but theirs sounds fun!!!!!
    That will depend on which side of the steel gate you are on lol it's fun when you are visiting as a guest for sure, this was the late 90's rules were relaxed back then, I drank slave labour rice wine while playing Chinese drinking games with the guards...everything we ate from vege to duck were grown/raised/ by the prisoners also...100% organic one of the guards said it to me lol I never got to take a look at the cells, they ain't pretty I was told...
    Get some!!! ^^

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TERMINATOR101CA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 98/29 View Post
    Nowhere in my post did I say that they "only" get the parts kit AKs. When someone says: "Here in the US we get the real AKs" that implies that there is a steady and reasonably priced REAL AKs available to them.

Now let's examine 2 things: A) Price:

Since you did a search on GB why don't you tell us how much a Norinco AK was being sold for? 2? 3? 4 thousand dollars?

The average cost of manufacturing an AK in about $500 dollars the last time I checked with it being around $200 dollars in China. So why is that they are being sold at nearly 20 times the price on the US market? Because the supply is very limited and not flowing and the demand is very high. If these so called real AKs are so good then why are people willing to pay so much for the China crap?

B) Real AK:

Before I go on about this, here is something to enlighten you: Kalashnikov Concern (you know the real Kalashnikov formerly known as Izhmash) has stated numerous times that the Kalashnikov USA is neither licensed or linked to them and should the embargoes ever be lifted they will seek to resolve the trademark issue. Kalashnikov USA was simply a distributor for Kalashnikov Concern before the ban and are now basically stealing the name and making unlicensed AKs. For more information you can read this: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...our-questions/

Kalashnikov only licensed a hand full of Eastern Block countries to produce AKs, among which were Poland, Hungary, DDR and maybe Bulgaria if my memory serves me right. And as such, as far as I am concerned, everything else is simply not a real AK. Not even the Chinese AKs that regarded to, by many US AK enthusiast, as one of the higher quality AKs.
    Ak's were also manufactured in Albania from Chinese tooling and ex Yugoslavia.

http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=148
    Kate Beckinsale :
    Quote Originally Posted by fireball View Post
    I'd love to look at her Underworld!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by smelly pete View Post
    And give it a lycan