Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Insite Arms introducing the "Heathen" Muzzle Brake

Quote Originally Posted by BARBARIAN-X View Post
    That's great news! My only worry is that the large baffle vents up and my optic is right to the end of the rail...still might be good to go. I think the solution is to get a longer scope that extends past the muzzle. lol

Barbarian
    We dont think you will have blast back on your optic.
    If you decide to try our brake and deem it unsuitable, we will give you a full refund and take the brake back.

Quote Originally Posted by Insite Arms View Post
    Barbarian
    If you decide to try our brake and deem it unsuitable, we will give you a full refund and take the brake back.
    That's service. Well done.

"I believe there is no absolute limit to perfection, therefore I am never fully satisfied, especially with myself." (Gen. F.F. Worthington)

Quote Originally Posted by Insite Arms View Post
    Barbarian
    Order placed!

Nice!

Im really happy with the Heathen brake on my Ruger RPR and I will be buying another for a future project.

Little testing with a couple of muzzle brakes on an 18" 300WM. Heathen is the one on top. Pics suck because it was -30 and my phone was freezing up. Either way both appear to be bouncing unburnt propellant back at my objective lens which is a no no. I'd say the same setup with a 22" barrel would be just right. As a result I didn't even bother to test the 16" barrel. Both of these brakes are really good and myself and 2 other shooters were unable to distinguish much difference. They both group well, are great for reducing recoil and drive straight back with almost no muzzle rise making it easy to see your hits. Performance wise they are dead even in my book but I do like the little flat spot on the Heathen for timing your break. I was really hoping these pics would put one over the other but I still don't have a clear winner. If I had to decide right now I'd pick the Heathen only because I can time it perfectly the 1st time every time which is nice if you take your brake off a lot. The other brake preforms similarly but is a bit cheaper...actually its more expensive if you just import the brake but they came in with some of my guns so I didn't get raped importing a small item. Perhaps Insite Arms would make a blast shield just for me. lol

Tagged for consideration. Looks and sounds great!
    SRSA311

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Sounds good.
    Any promotions coming up for XMas/Boxing day?
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

Any updates on delivery dates????

A week or 2 until the most popular models on the latest run get back from nitriding...thanks for everyone's patience