Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Akkar Churchill 206 Orcap - High Select Walnut Oil Finish 12ga

CGN Regular
    How are those so cheap? I didn't even read at first past the first pictures because I figured it's a 3000$ gun! I still think I couldn't shoot it lol.

Now I was one click from ordering one, I thought I can get this Churchill and then sell my CZ Canvasback later, but after looking carefully at the photos that started this thread, and others from the web, I am a bit hesitant. It seems that the wood finish is not as attractive as it looks in the official company ad photos.

And it even reminds me of the wood of my ex-sxs Yildiz 20ga that I sold last summer.

I asked North Pro if they can send me some actual photos and will see if I can make up my mind on it.

This been said I personally prefer wood tone on the brighter side and in addition to liking the wood of the one in this video (that looks like a lower scale model), I wish they brought the combo model to Canada! the 20 inch barrel for Grouse is great I think

you are wrong , speaking from the position of someone who just bought it I can say is as described or better.

Quote Originally Posted by babo_al View Post
    you are wrong , speaking from the position of someone who just bought it I can say is as described or better.
    Which dealer did you buy from, if you don't mind me asking?
    Follow through isn't just a shooting fundamental, it's a life skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdnhunter117 View Post
    How are those so cheap? I didn't even read at first past the first pictures because I figured it's a 3000$ gun! I still think I couldn't shoot it lol.
    These guns were produced for a country that became sanctioned and this resulted in a tremendous special buy for Canadians.

Quote Originally Posted by babo_al View Post
    Thanks for the information. Do you mind sharing photos of your wood?

And here is a useful review about the Churchill 206 from Australia. This one again a lower grade but same mechanics I suppose.

I read it's inertia triggers I hope not!

http://www.sportingshootermag.com.au...two-churchills

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Grousing View Post
    Thanks for the information. Do you mind sharing photos of your wood?
    You may want to pm the man if you're going to ask him for photos of his wood?!

BANNED
    South East of the Center of the Universe.
    I'll bite, what are inertia triggers and why don't I want them?

Quote Originally Posted by plinker 777 View Post
    I'll bite, what are inertia triggers and why don't I want them?
    Basically inertia triggers are a single trigger that is reset to the second barrel by the recoil of firing off the first.
    Some "higher end" shooters claim that when firing light loads there isn't enough of a jolt to set the second barrel and then they miss a shot.
    I've shot more than a few thousand light loads and never had an issue with my beretta but apparently it's big business switching inertia triggers out for mechanical ones...
    I would say if you're looking at this gun you probably aren't shooting at a level where you care by what mechanism your trigger resets .