Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Akkar Churchill 206 Orcap - High Select Walnut Oil Finish 12ga

Quote Originally Posted by Grousing View Post
    Yeah I agree and this is why I am still hesitating to order one online. Yet I am asking for photos etc but no guarantee what I see in some photos will be free of flaws.

The silver models are in standard walnut that come around 800$ and in upper scale wood that is about 1200$. The one in the picture above has this upper scale wood.
    Second hand higher quality shotguns is what I would personally invest my money in and that's an opinion shared by some of the very experience double gun enthusiasts that I know. For some reason the prices on second hand double guns seems to be very low at the moment and the quality is not even comparable.
    Follow through isn't just a shooting fundamental, it's a life skill.

Just picked up a 30" one from Durham Outdoors. I just landed a decent contract and the boss said as part of my bonus he was going to buy me any gun I wanted (cool workplace eh?). This will be my very first O/U and I'm super super excited for it! Will definitely post up some pics and a review once it arrives :D
    NFA & CSSA Member

Quote Originally Posted by 98/29 View Post
    Second hand higher quality shotguns is what I would personally invest my money in and that's an opinion shared by some of the very experience double gun enthusiasts that I know. For some reason the prices on second hand double guns seems to be very low at the moment and the quality is not even comparable.
    Usually this is the wise thing to do. I let a Cynergy (one of my favorite over under modern looks) fly away, I was hesitant to pay 1500$ on a mint condition one. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Terapr0 View Post
    Just picked up a 30" one from Durham Outdoors. I just landed a decent contract and the boss said as part of my bonus he was going to buy me any gun I wanted (cool workplace eh?). This will be my very first O/U and I'm super super excited for it! Will definitely post up some pics and a review once it arrives :D

Wow I would like to work there too!!! Please give us your input!

Anyone been shooting theirs?

RF
    Noli nothis permittere te terere.

I've been looking at buying my first shotgun and am attracted to O/U's. Features i would like are single selective trigger and screw in chockes. There's a guy locally selling a used one of these at $775. At that price and the reviews I've been reading seems like a good deal. Looking for an "all purpose" gun. Hopping to go out for some grouse, rabbit/hair and possibly duck if an old friend invites me out with him.

Thoughts on one of these v.s. a baikal or stoger condor with similar features that pop up used for about $500

Here are some "real life" pictures

Last edited by RodNI; 09-03-2016 at 08:54 AM.

Does anyone have any long term experience with this shotgun? I want to buy one or should I just save and buy a b gun?

i see different pictures are their any swivels on these 206 guns for a sling or not im looking at a sporting model i dont want swivels.

Quote Originally Posted by dervin View Post
    i see different pictures are their any swivels on these 206 guns for a sling or not im looking at a sporting model i dont want swivels.
    It has swivels but you can remove them.
    Follow through isn't just a shooting fundamental, it's a life skill.

do all the churchill 206 guns have swivels and also what about the 812 do they all have swivels