Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Waiting for PAL&RPAL - 6 Months to date

Quote Originally Posted by edgy View Post
    Mine was also over 6 months to receive, nothing you can do about it unfortunately, but at least you will learn patience , I had the same experience as you, however in my case it was the stupidity of my youth that came back to haunt me, they may only ask about the last 5 years on your application, but if you have any sort of run in with the law, believe me they will look way farther back than that. Good luck and keep calling them, one day you might find a sympathetic ear on the other end, I finally talked to someone who did their job, called me back an hour later and told me she had issued my license.
    Thanks, oh yeah they know everything lol I have nothing to hide that's why I'm completely open to them if they need to know.

I experienced the same scenario. hang in there!
    ----------------------------------------------
    JM Electrician
    East Coast < Western Canada
    Member of WPC, Member of TAW

I am from Alberta.

My wife just recently got her pal/rpal. Sent it in November 20 and got it January 25. Some sort of record I think.
    She called on January 19. They gave her a reference number for her references to call. They did the same day and it was here by the 25th.

So I don't think it is the Alberta CFO. They may be looking into your application with a little more depth. Something might have popped up during a check somewhere.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Outcast's Avatar
    One stop from 100 acres with a house in the middle
    My neighbour had his in 6 weeks. I was surprised.

Alberta usually doesn't take that long

Call and email your MP. Use proper grammar, state the facts and see if someone can light a fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Longshot84 View Post
    Call and email your MP. Use proper grammar, state the facts and see if someone can light a fire.
    Already did, thanks.

That's strange, I had a friend in Alberta send his PAL/RPAL at the end of November and he had his card in hand in under 6 weeks. I'm also in Alberta and did my RPAL upgrade and it was completed in under 6 weeks as well, the only thing that held it up that long was that I didn't call in until yesterday and as soon as I called in and they had me have a reference called in it was approved immediately...
    Last edited by chrispn; 02-11-2016 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrispn View Post
    That's strange, I had a friend in Alberta send his PAL/RPAL at the end of November and he had his card in hand in under 6 weeks. I'm also in Alberta and did my RPAL upgrade and it was completed in under 6 weeks as well, the only thing that held it up that long was that I didn't call in until yesterday and as soon as I called in and they had me have a reference called in it was approved immediately...
    Yeah I don't know I'm completely lost.

All I can do now is wait for the MP and MLA to reply back after talking to them. I also talked briefly with the CFO and now apparently they gave my application to an officer..so apparently it was in a waiting bin with a bunch of other peoples waiting to be assigned to an officer and who knows how many applications they have..even though I'm sure I can do their job from my home.

I was fortunate with my PAL/RPAL as well. Mine was just under 6 weeks (including over a Christmas break). I spoke with the RCMP twice and was very friendly when i called. They were great to deal with on the phone and I had my reference call in for me to expedite the process. There must be a hiccup somewhere to delay it this long. I was actually impressed with the turnaround time after reading/hearing horror stories.
    " Gun control laws affect good people, not bad people..."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast