Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie pal questions!

Newbie pal questions!

Hello all. Been around awhile just quite. Anyway finally decided to send for my pal on Feb 5, 2016 called today Feb 11, 2016. When I asked if they had received my application buddy advised me that it take them 5 to 6 weeks to get to new applicants. Has anyone else had that issue. If that is the case after that wait time am I still supposed to wait my 28 days period too. I was told by my cfsc instructor that usually the wait time for app to card in hand is anywhere from one to 2 months in ns for just a non restricted and if restricted it would be longer. Any info will be great. Thanks in advance.

CGN frequent flyer greywolf67nt's Avatar
    In my experience the waiting period starts the day they receive it then goes into processing.
    I suggest to anyone that sends it to mail it certified so you know when they got it and then you know when to start your 28 day count.
    You can go here http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/o...pp_dem-eng.htm and log in to check on the process instead of calling and bugging them.
    Don't give up SQUAT!
    ZERO Compliance!

CCFR MEMBER

They sort incoming mail by date. When they do open and input your application into the computer they will use the date recieved as the start of the 28 days. Mine showed up online on day 26 or 27 I think

CGN frequent flyer
    I don't remember how long my initial PAL took, but the few renewals since didn't take quite that long.

Your initial will probably always be your longest wait because they essentially have "zero" on you when they start the approval process. Next time around you only have a 5 year period since the last time they put you through the mixmaster.

And if you figure, there are about 2 million licences out there. They must be renewed every 5 years, so "on average" 400,000 renewals a year which is somewhat over 33,000 per month and with barely 20 "working days" in a month they could be receiving almost 1700 applications A DAY.

It's a "big pile" and if they are like the workers in other government departments the easy ones (renewals) might just get placed on top of the harder ones (initial).

But just a guess on my part....

'send for my pal on (Friday?) Feb 5, 2016 called today Feb 11, 2016'
    Dude. Chill...
    Start checking on-line near end of the month, relatively easy process. You can log in with your on-line banking password, or create an account.

Did my pal and rpal at the same time in NS, took 41 days from the day they received it.
    Took about two weeks for it to show online.
    Might of got it faster but I had a payment issue. Used a visa debit, only to find out they don't accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighter2012 View Post
    Hello all. Been around awhile just quite. Anyway finally decided to send for my pal on Feb 5, 2016 called today Feb 11, 2016. When I asked if they had received my application buddy advised me that it take them 5 to 6 weeks to get to new applicants. Has anyone else had that issue. If that is the case after that wait time am I still supposed to wait my 28 days period too. I was told by my cfsc instructor that usually the wait time for app to card in hand is anywhere from one to 2 months in ns for just a non restricted and if restricted it would be longer. Any info will be great. Thanks in advance.
    I couriered mine on the Feb 9th. It got there on the 10th with a receiver name. I called this week just to make sure they have it, but as you said, was told 6 weeks which I assume is for the entire process. I was curious as to whether it shows up on the Web site before or after the 28 days. Not impatient, just one of those people that likes to know how things work.

Here's another question. How many test result copies did you get. I got two of each. Is that correct?

CGN frequent flyer
    I only got one (1) copy. Did the combined course back when they first scrapped the FAC (so one paper for both restricted and non-restricted).

A second copy was sent directly to the firearms center by the course instructor - when I called years later they had all the info on file tied to my licence number (I was asking whether I had to send my copy when I upgraded my licence).

Maybe you got the copy that should have been sent in as well?

Unfortunately they really don't tell you much at the course withe regards to the application. I was thinking the second copy was for my records. My understanding is you can send the copies of this, but your application has to be the original. I guess they can make another copy if they need it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast