Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Accessory suggestions for the MH??

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gunneegoogoo's Avatar

Accessory suggestions for the MH??

Hello,

Can those of you that are lucky enough to have your MH's already tell the rest of us what you've added to them?? What worked, what didn't? Weight considerations?? Ring heights?? Slings? Bloods? Aesthetics?

Pics would be nice too!!

In thinking ATRS rings, but I don't know if I should go high or Med. It'll have a Bushnell 3.5-21 with an objective OD of 60mm. Thinking a tab backpack style sling. Not sure what bipod - open to suggestions... How about brass catchers for the range??

Thanks!!

-J.

edit - WTF?? BLOODS??? Hahahahahahahha.... Sorry. "Bipods"!!!!
    Last edited by Gunneegoogoo; 02-12-2016 at 12:55 PM.

ATRS medium rings, NF SHV, LRA Light tactical bipod, QD sling attachments.

This example is pretty heavy. The barrel is the 22" heavy contour.

Edit: US optics rail mounted bubble level.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunneegoogoo View Post
    Hello,

Can those of you that are lucky enough to have your MH's already tell the rest of us what you've added to them?? What worked, what didn't? Weight considerations?? Ring heights?? Slings? Bloods? Aesthetics?

Pics would be nice too!!

In thinking ATRS rings, but I don't know if I should go high or Med. It'll have a Bushnell 3.5-21 with an objective OD of 60mm. Thinking a tab backpack style sling. Not sure what bipod - open to suggestions... How about brass catchers for the range??

Thanks!!

-J.
    Hello,

I definately advocate for a brass catcher, the one I use has a mount that remains on your pic rail and makes for quick set up, it's made by Caldwell. I leave it unzipped at the bench and the brass just drops in a nice neat litte pile.

I am running an NXS 5.5-22x56 Nightforce on my hunter, and originally mounted with our X-tra high rings, and ultimately had to go up to the Ultra Highs, it wasn't that the scope doesn't fit, it's that I couldn't get behind it properly, these are running a straight line from bore to buffer tube. For bipods, I prefer Versa-Pod , and use a pic rail adapter to attach it. I also have a few heights available that all use the same spigot adapter mount so they switch out very easily.

Haven't used a sling yet, but we are currently developing a backpack style sling, very comfortable I might add, so I will likely be putting that on for hikes. Can't say I've added any blood... well, not since making mine it anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6MT View Post

Gorgeous rifle, that LRA bipod is nice. We offer low (0.885"), medium (1.00"), high (1.20"), Xtra high (1.375") and Ultra high (1.50") as measured from the top of the pic rail, to the center line of the scope. Those look more like our Xtra highs or Ultras. Low and medium are pretty much reserved for bolt action rifles.
    Last edited by ATRS Shaun; 02-12-2016 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 6MT View Post

Can you tell me what the OD on the objective bell of your SHV is???
    Last edited by Gunneegoogoo; 02-12-2016 at 01:12 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    I need to get an updated pic of mine, but it currently is sporting a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 in an ADM Recon 30mm QD mount, and has KAC 200-600m rear BUIS and KAC M4 Micro front BUIS. Using an Atlas QD bipod.

The thing I am working on right now is getting a QD sling set up. Have a Fortis rail mounted QD cup for the front, now I just need to figure out what to do for the back.

I think I am going to swap out the PRS the previous owner had for a LMT Sopmod, that would also solve my rear QD issue.

Next thing I want to change is swap out my Vortex to an Elcan Specter TR 1/3/9x, and lastly I want to ad a Silencer Co. Radius range finder if it ever gets here!
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by Gunneegoogoo View Post
    Can you tell me what the OD on the objective bell of your SHV is???
    56mm is the objective. I'm not sure what the OD is on that sun shade.
    Last edited by 6MT; 02-12-2016 at 02:01 PM.

Yeah Shaun, I just checked. They are the x-high ones. Sorry.
    Last edited by 6MT; 02-12-2016 at 02:27 PM.

CGN Regular
    There are a few options for qd with the prs. I've mounted a flush cup as well as removed one of the factory sling loops and installed a qd mount there as well.
    You'll need Xtra high rings at least.
    Atlas bipod is what I run.
    Cadex makes a nice recoil pad for the prs.
    Us optics bubble level is a must

Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    Hello,

I definately advocate for a brass catcher, the one I use has a mount that remains on your pic rail and makes for quick set up, it's made by Caldwell. I leave it unzipped at the bench and the brass just drops in a nice neat litte pile.

I am running an NXS 5.5-22x56 Nightforce on my hunter, and originally mounted with our X-tra high rings, and ultimately had to go up to the Ultra Highs, it wasn't that the scope doesn't fit, it's that I couldn't get behind it properly, these are running a straight line from bore to buffer tube. For bipods, I prefer Versa-Pod , and use a pic rail adapter to attach it. I also have a few heights available that all use the same spigot adapter mount so they switch out very easily.

Haven't used a sling yet, but we are currently developing a backpack style sling, very comfortable I might add, so I will likely be putting that on for hikes. Can't say I've added any blood... well, not since making mine it anyway.

Gorgeous rifle, that LRA bipod is nice. We offer low (0.885"), medium (1.00"), high (1.20"), Xtra high (1.375") and Ultra high (1.50") as measured from the top of the pic rail, to the center line of the scope. Those look more like our Xtra highs or Ultras. Low and medium are pretty much reserved for bolt action rifles.
    Shaun what is the timeline and guess on cost for the sling you're working on??

Think it could be ready to ship with the next round of MH's??

Mine has a Nightforce 5.5-22x50mm in a vortex quick mount (same as ADM), harris bipod (i have an atlas now), magpul cheek riser and a lantac brake. The barrel is 18.6" medium contour with a fortis 15" handguard. I have a savvy sniper sling that i used for hunting this year, as well as an eberlestock gunslinger 2 pack. This setup is about 12 lbs give or take.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast