Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IVI/General Dynamics Ammo

I live 5mins away from the GD ammo plant in Legardeur QC, would be awesome if they would sell to civies directly...

...hey, a man can dream, right?! Hehehe...

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dake21 View Post
    556 IVI uses steel at the tip for better penetration. They are good ammo.

http://www.gd-otscanada.com/product/...45-ammunition/
    All the NATO ball does

CGN frequent flyer
    The GD 9mm ammo that the OP is talking about is not the same ammo that was made for the C1 SMG.

Quote Originally Posted by NerfHerder View Post
    I'm not an expert, but I would say that the production quality of the issued IVI 5.56 is actually really good, considering the volume they must put out in order to meet the contract. Seems to be consistent and predictable out to 400M, with 500M being iffy thanks to wind, user error, and the round itself (.556 out of a 1:7).
    If more people sold it in 62 or 69 gr to the general public for a decent price, I would buy it.

(I know it was originally about 9mm, but the 9mm IVI shoots like 9mm should)
    It's not iffy at all at 500m. It does awesome out of a C7 with a 1/7 twist, and an Elcan in any match I've been to.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Rouser View Post
    Made for the C1 SMG.
    Comes out of a MP5 great too! That gun really squeezes every drop of ballistic performance out of the round...with the diopter sights that allow you to make 1 big hole, I'd take it over a C8 out to 100 yds.
    Last edited by TimberWolf_3063; 04-30-2016 at 02:28 PM.
    “And don't you ever stand for that sort of thing! Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back! You got the right same as anyone to live and... try to kill people.” - Capt. Malcolm "Mal" Reynolds

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by js168 View Post
    With commodity prices in the ####ter and such abundance of copper and zine produced in Canada, plus the low Canadian dollar, and the fact that DND cannot possibly be buying bullets like they did between 2003 and 2013, isn't it possible for IVI to at least match PMC prices?
    The modern reality is component costs are only effected by increases in commodity prices. Decrease has zero effect. Same with our dollar.
    Sure if the commodity prices and dollar remain low for several years they may throw us a small bone to nibble on.....
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

I can say for a fact that IVI 9mm shoots amazing out of a browning high power (if you can get it to work). However in the sig 226 i am now issued we are constantly replacing parts due to pre mature wear. We took a box of winchester, federal and IVI to the range. compaired to the win and fed, IVI feels like the gun is trying to kick its self out of your hand

CGN frequent flyer Moparman1303's Avatar
    I want this ammo!

CGN Regular
    Well damn you guys must be the 1% that gets to shoot more than 1 or 2 times a year LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by abbadon View Post
    I can say for a fact that IVI 9mm shoots amazing out of a browning high power (if you can get it to work). However in the sig 226 i am now issued we are constantly replacing parts due to pre mature wear. We took a box of winchester, federal and IVI to the range. compaired to the win and fed, IVI feels like the gun is trying to kick its self out of your hand

CGN Regular
    i shot about 2000 rounds of issued ivi 9mm out of my work glock at cafsac. The stuff is HOT. Nothing broke. Hard primers too, so no getting away with lighter striker springs

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast