Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seeking Bi-lingual customer service and inside sales person

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Tengoo's Avatar
    If I lived in the GVA. I'd be studying French right now...
    "Pity the poor opponents of the right to keep and bear arms! They must distrust just everybody except criminals and except
    the tyrant to whom they concede the armed monopoly of their protection." -- Pierre Lemieux [LIBERTY Magazine Nov. '97]

How much of a grace period will you give to brush up on my gr 11 French? Lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sillymike's Avatar
    Standing guard with the Radical Gun Lobby
    Being able to speak/read French is a must asset... But so is reading English

From their post: Position can be located at Head Office in BC or at your home if applying from abroad.
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    In GVA Mandarin/Chinese is magnitude better than French.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengoo View Post
    If I lived in the GVA. I'd be studying French right now...
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

x2 ^. I think I've met 6 Quebecer's in my life, all of whom spoke fluent English. The volume of mainland Chinese I've spoken to in that same time span is easily 100 fold, if not more. Edit: I have also spoken to roughly the same amount of Indian folks, so speaking Punjabi would also be an asset as well. I need to bump my Rosetta Stone courses up a couple notches on the priority list lol.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Longshot84 View Post
    x2 ^. I think I've met 6 Quebecer's in my life, all of whom spoke fluent English. The volume of mainland Chinese I've spoken to in that same time span is easily 100 fold, if not more. Edit: I have also spoken to roughly the same amount of Indian folks, so speaking Punjabi would also be an asset as well. I need to bump my Rosetta Stone courses up a couple notches on the priority list lol.
    I'm not sure either why they need someone who speaks french for an "inside sales person", but I guess that person will do some customer support too. I agree that most quebeckers speak enough english to get a transaction done, even over the phone. And the Sureté du Québec (which is our CFO) paperwork is in both languages, so it's not really a problem either. But my guess is that there's a lot more PPA (haha, that's the french for PAL) issued to french-only speakers than there is to mandarin or punjabi speakers in Canada.

In any case, you can get a PAL if you speak either one of the official languages, so any customer support employee has his bases covered if he speaks both. But someone who is unilingual punjab or mandarin will have a hard time during the interview. And Canadaammo's customer base is anyone with a PAL, not anyone in BC.

Yup, I do agree with you VinnyQC. I was going to comment on the fact that having equal representation of both our official languages should be much more commonplace nation-wide and personally think there should be more emphasis on learning Mandarin, Punjabi, Spanish, German etc early in the school system, but that's for a different thread.

I could speculate as to the need CanAm has for Francophone inside sales reps, but for now I just want to know how long they'll give me to freshen up my French vocabulary lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I could speculate as to the need CanAm has for Francophone inside sales reps, but for now I just want to know how long they'll give me to freshen up my French vocabulary lol
    They posted the job offer here about a month ago and still haven't found someone suitable. I guess you have until they fill the position. I'm not sure how easy it is to find someone bilingual, interested/knowledgeable in guns, and bilingual, but I'd think it's a challenge.

Now I'm not sure exactly what the job is, but if it requires to speak to customers over the phone, I'd think more than a gr11 french would be required. Holding a simple conversation with someone face-to-face, where non-verbal language can help, or sending emails, that's easy. But helping a confused or angry customer over the phone in your non-native language, that's an entirely different level of diffculty.

Anyway, if you think you have what it takes to do the job, send them your resume. Worst case scenario is they don't follow up and that's the end of it. Best case you get a new job and cammo get a new hire.

I apologize, I was being sarcastic...proves your point well though!

BANNED
    Just like everyone else in BC you need to get out of BC more and I don't mean going on a booze fest to Vegas or Mexico.
    canadaammo sells all over canada not just BC.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast